Q: IBM investor services program : Direct stock purchase plan
IBM's Investor Services Program is available to current IBM stockholders in addition to new investors in IBM common stock. The program is designed to provide individuals with a simple and convenient method to purchase, hold and sell IBM common stock by offering a variety of flexible services to aid in managing your investment.
Key features of the Program include the following:
* All IBM common stockholders of record, including those who hold IBM stock certificates, are automatically eligible to participate in the Investor Services Program.
* New investors can become IBM stockholders with as little as $500.
* You can build your investment over time by making additional purchases periodically. The investment amount can be automatically deducted from your bank account, or you can send it in by mail.
* You may choose to receive any dividend payments electronically or by check or you may have a portion or all of your dividends reinvested towards the purchase of additional shares.
* All shares purchased through the Program will be held for you in book entry form by the Program Administrator and IBM stock certificates you are holding may be deposited with the Program Administrator for safekeeping.
* You can sell any book entry shares being held for you through the Program.
* You can transfer shares or make gifts of IBM common stock.
The Investor Services Program is sponsored and administered by Computershare, not by IBM. Contact Computershare (see contact information) with any questions you may have on the Program.
Shares purchased through the IBM Investor Services Program will be held in book entry form at Computershare. The book entry form of ownership allows you to own shares without having physical stock certificates in your possession. A periodic statement of account is provided reflecting the number of book entry shares registered in your name and held by Computershare.
The benefits of book entry ownership are the elimination of problems associated with paper certificates, such as storage and safety of securities. Book entry shares also eliminate the requirement for physical movement of stock certificates at the time of sale or transfer of ownership.
The IBM Investor Services Program provides investors with a convenient and simple method of purchasing shares with minimal service fees. You will be able to reinvest all or part of your dividends, and you will be able to make additional voluntary cash purchases by check or by automatic withdrawal from your bank account.