|IBM i Support
Documents are provided in Adobe® PDF format.
IBM i Processor and User Transfer
IBM i will enable the transfer of IBM i processor and user (when applicable) entitlements from one machine to another within the same end user's enterprise under certain qualifying conditions.
IBM i Business Transformation
IBM is transforming the IBM i business. In the initial phase, IBM i software licensing is in process of transitioning to Subscription Term licensing for Power9 and Power10 machines at the P05 and P10 tiers.
IBM i Portfolio Simplification
October 10, 2023: IBM continues to simplify the IBM i portfolio.
Power Software Migration Policy
IBM Db2 Web Query for i Update
October 10, 2023: IBM withdraws IBM Db2 Web Query for i from marketing.
IBM i Modernization Engine for Lifecycle Integration (IBM i Merlin)
IBM offers a set of containerized applications that will act as a set of guides, or patterns, to help IBM i software developers more easily take on the task of moving into a DevOps, modular, services-oriented world. The IBM i Merlin tools will make it easier for clients to use a combination of on-premises IT infrastructure and one or more clouds.
Virtual Serial Number
IBM offers you the ability to acquire a virtual serial number and assign it to a logical partition, also known as a virtual machine (VM). IBM i software can then be ordered on or transferred to the virtual serial number rather than a IBM Power machine serial number.
IBM i Support topics
- Service Extension for IBM i 7.3, 7.2 and 7.1 - November 2023
- IBM i 7.1 on selected Power Systems S922 and E980 servers - December 2021
- IBM i Group SWMA Products
- Licensed Program Products (LPPs) for i with separate SWMA
- IBM i Support Roadmap includes roadmap, service extension dates, and FAQs regarding IBM i SWMA and service extensions.
- IBM i Release Lifecycle
- IBM Software Support Lifecycle Policy
- Java and IBM i
- 5250 Enterprise Enablement (5250 EE) 60-day Activation
High Availability and Backup Recovery on IBM i
Download the form Request for designation of primary and backup machine pairing . (Request temporary keys for a backup machine)
Capacity Backup (CBU) offerings
For MSP licensing options in HA/DR environments, refer to IBM i MSP Licensing Options . The document refers to the following offerings:
IBM i Service Provider topics
- IBM i MSP Licensing Options
- IBM i Service Provide Monthly Licensing
This offering for Service Providers is a monthly licensing option for IBM i 7.1 and later releases. Selected IBM i Licensed Program Products (LPPs) are also eligible for monthly licensing.
- How to acquire IBM i 7.2 with 9009-41G, 9009-42G, and 9009-22G
- Java and IBM i
- IBM i V7 Products and Options-- Install Codes, Media Features and More
This spreadsheet provides information to help users map product install codes seen on IBM i 7.1
and later systems with their associated media features, see which products are keyed, and more.
- IBM i products which are available via IBM i Temporary Licensing (5733-ITL)
- IBM Advanced Function Printing (AFP) Utilities for i (5770-AF1) Adjusted Plan
- What happened to Application Runtime Expert (5733-ARE), Facsimile Support for i (5798-FAX), and other Program Products for i?
- Map Systems and IBM i Version/Releases
- Java and IBM i
- IBM i Self-Serve Interim Keys
- IBM License Metric Tool (ILMT) and IBM i
- 5250 Enterprise Enablement 60-day Activation
Entitled Systems Support (ESS)
This Web site provides access to and management support for Power software entitlements and software keys. IBM i and AIX customers will also find Web initiated release upgrades, electronic software download, software maintenance inventory information, and more.
Note: Refer to IBM i Self-Serve Interim Keys for details on one method to acquire emergency temporary keys for qualifying situations.
For more information on ESS, go to the Entitled Systems Support (ESS) Documentation. These documents provide a detailed overview of ESS web site functionality.
Was this topic helpful?
27 February 2024