Get Started with the AIX Toolbox for Open Source Software
The AIX Toolbox team recommends using DNF (the next-generation replacement for YUM) to install and manage Open Source software packages and dependencies from the AIX Toolbox.
- For easy DNF installation, use the dnf_aixtoolbox.sh script.
- The script will download and install the required rpm.rte version, and all the packages needed for DNF.
- Non-AIX Toolbox packages that deliver files available in AIX file sets or AIX Toolbox packages might result in unexpected behavior. It is recommended to remove those non-AIX Toolbox packages.
- Some common packages include openssl, gcc, db, and libiconv.
- Setting the system LIBPATH to load other paths before /opt/freeware/lib might cause failures for AIX Toolbox applications.
- If your application has explicit LIBPATH requirements, it is recommended to apply the LIBPATH to the application via a wrapper or configuration file. **Do not set a global LIBPATH before loading AIX Toolbox software.
- See the list of available AIX Toolbox Open Source packages
Getting Started References: