Content Manager OnDemand for i administration is available in the re-created IBM Navigator for i. This document is your guide to the new interface which is being released 2Q2022.
Content Manager OnDemand processes the data from application programs, extracts index fields from the data, stores the index information in a relational database, and stores one or more copies of the data in the system. Content Manager OnDemand archives newly created and frequently accessed data on high speed disk storage volumes and automatically migrates the data to other types of storage volumes as they age.
Content Manager OnDemand does the following:
- Integrates data created by application programs into an online, electronic information archive and retrieval system.
- Provides the controlled and reliable access to all of an organization's data.
- Retrieves the data that you need when you need it.
- Provides a standard, intuitive client with features such as thumbnails, bookmarks, notes, and shortcuts.
IBM Navigator for i provides an interface to perform the following administrative functions for Content Manager OnDemand for i:
- Define storage media to which data can be migrated.
- Define monitors to allow data to be automatically loaded from directories or output queues.
- Define policies for migrating data to various storage media and expiring data.
A user must have Content Manager OnDemand System Administrator authority for an Instance in order to perform these functions. A user with System Administrator (Read-Only) authority is only allowed to view the definitions. The following functions are currently available:
- Instances: List, Start, End, Set Current
- Disk Pools: List, Display, Add, Change, Remove
- Network File System (NFS) Disk Pools: List, Display, Add, Change, Remove
- Cloud Storage Resources: List, Display, Add, Change, Remove
- Optical Storage Groups: List, Display, Add, Change, Remove
- Optical Volumes: List, Display, Add, Change, Remove
- Tape Devices: List
- Tape Volumes: List, Display, Add, Change, Remove
- Migration Policies: List, Display, Add, Change, Remove List Levels, Display Level, Add Level, Change Level, Remove Level
- Directory Monitors: List
- Output Queue Monitors: List
The following functions are planned:
- Tape Devices: Display, Add, Change, Remove
- Directory Monitors: Start, End, Add, Change, Remove
- Output Queue Monitors: Start, End, Add, Change, Remove
Was this topic helpful?
22 June 2022