Resolving The Problem
IBM Advanced Part Exchange Warranty Service
Advanced Part Exchange warranty service is available for eligible IBM machines that are under warranty. Clients can order replacement parts directly from IBM during the product warranty period. Replacement parts are shipped to your location for you to install.
Features and benefits
- Provides an efficient way to order replacement parts directly from IBM.
- Online part ordering application is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Enhances client replaceable unit (CRU) service.
- Available as a mobile application
Advanced Part Exchange warranty service follows the terms as defined in the IBM Statement of Limited Warranty for Warranty Service Type 1 Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU) Service and Warranty Service Level - Next Business Day (NBD). Refer to the IBM Statement of Limited Warranty, which is available in multiple languages, at:
IBM machines can also be serviced by IBM or IBM-authorized warranty service providers to deliver warranty service under the product warranty terms and conditions.
Eligibility requirements include:
- The IBM machine must be announced as eligible for Advanced Part Exchange warranty service.
- You must own or lease the IBM product for which the service is used.
- You must register in the online Advanced Part Exchange ordering application.
- You must comply with any training and certification requirements that are specified for the IBM machine. Training and certification requirements will be provided after registration and approval.
IBM Advanced Part Exchange participation requires IBM approval. To register your account, contact the following;
For US, Canada, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Japan
For Europe, Middle East, Africa
To use Advanced Part Exchange warranty service, follow these steps:
- Evaluate machine problem by using the procedures that are provided by IBM.
- Determine if a defective part should be replaced. If you are uncertain that a part is defective, contact IBM or your reseller for warranty service and for further assistance.
- Use the online or mobile Advanced Part Exchange application to validate machine warranty entitlement.
- Order the replacement part to be shipped to your location.
IBM will use commercially reasonable delivery methods to ship the replacement part for Next Business Day delivery.
- Track replacement part orders and shipments in the online or mobile application.
- Install the replacement part.
IBM specifies in the materials shipped with a replacement part whether the defective part must be returned to IBM. When return is required, return instructions and a container are shipped with the replacement part. You may be charged for the replacement part if IBM does not receive the defective part within 15 days of receipt of the replacement.
Clients can learn more about International Warranty Service by reviewing the product announcement letter Web site. Please reference the following announcement numbers:
- U.S. - 115-110
- Canada - A15-0611
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa - ZG15-0194
- Asia Pacific - AG15-0123
- Japan - JG15-0180
- Latin America - LG15-0162
Applicable countries and regions
05 December 2019