AIX Support Center Tools
The pdump script extracts information from the running process by using the kdb command and other AIX tools. This script can be especially helpful if you suspect the process is in a hung state or is suspected to be in an infinite loop.
Benefits of pdump
The pdump.sh data gathering process includes
How do I ......
If you require more assistance, use the following step-by-step instructions to contact IBM to open a case for software with an active and valid support contract.
1. Document (or collect screen captures of) all symptoms, errors, and messages related to your issue.
2. Capture any logs or data relevant to the situation.
3. Contact IBM to open a case:
4. Provide a clear, concise description of the issue.
5. If the system is accessible, collect a system snap, and upload all of the details and data for your case.
- For guidance, see: Working with IBM AIX Support: Collecting snap data
Was this topic helpful?
10 April 2020