AIX Support Center Tools
Collecting troubleshooting data for problems with AIX, PowerHA or PowerVM Virtual I/O Server before calling IBM Support will help familiarize you with the troubleshooting process and can help save time resolving the problem you are experiencing. These documents help identify what information to collect.
Submitting information to IBM Support
Depending on your environment and the product you are seeking help on, you might be able to collect and submit with one command (example: snap) or you can submit the information to IBM support by using Service Request and other methods. For information on different ways to submit your information see Enhanced Customer Data Repository and Working with IBM AIX Support: Collecting snap data
How do I ......
If you require more assistance, use the following step-by-step instructions to contact IBM to open a case for software with an active and valid support contract.
1. Document (or collect screen captures of) all symptoms, errors, and messages related to your issue.
2. Capture any logs or data relevant to the situation.
3. Contact IBM to open a case:
4. Provide a clear, concise description of the issue.
5. If the system is accessible, collect a system snap, and upload all of the details and data for your case.
- For guidance, see: Working with IBM AIX Support: Collecting snap data
Was this topic helpful?
20 November 2022