Preventive Service Planning
This document contains links and information for IBM Spectrum Protect Plus on IBM Cloud.
The IBM Spectrum Protect Plus on IBM® Cloud service provides data protection, data reuse, and recovery tools for virtual environments.
The Spectrum Protect Plus on IBM Cloud Service is available on IBM Cloud for VMware Solutions Portal
This document is divided into linked sections for ease of navigation. You may use the links below to jump to the desired section of the document.
On IBM Knowledge Center you can find information about:
- Benefits provided by IBM Cloud for VMware Solutions and available features in IBM Spectrum Protect Plus on IBM Cloud
- The documentation of IBM Spectrum Protect Plus
On IBM Cloud Docs, you can find under IBM Cloud on VMware Solutions:
- Getting started with IBM Cloud for VMware Solutions
- Information about browser requirements, users accounts, deployment options, and add-on services
- How to order an instance and some add-on services for it
- Information about IBM Spectrum Protect Plus on IBM Cloud:
- An IBMid is required to access the documentation on IBM Cloud Docs.
- Please refer to the IBM Cloud portal to see the version level of IBM Spectrum Protect Plus being installed as service.
The IBM Spectrum Protect Plus solution is an additional component and extension of both the vCenter Server solution offering and the VMware Cloud Foundation solution offering on IBM Cloud.
To learn more about the IBM Spectrum Protect Plus architecture in the IBM Cloud see: Spectrum Protect Plus on IBM Cloud Solution Architecture
This document provide details about the components of the solution and high-level configuration of each component in the design.
IBM Spectrum Protect on IBM Cloud support option is noted below for each of the offerings. Select the support link provided to access In-portal support team.
In-Portal and In-Portal/BYOL (bring your own license) support
Customers who purchased the in-portal solution or the BYOL (bring your own license) in-portal offering should access the following link for in-portal console support: Contacting IBM Support
To inform how to order storage, find NFS subnet and add permissions from Softlayer Portal, see on DeveloperWorks Recipes web site at: How to increase vsnap storage for IBM Spectrum Protect Plus on IBM Cloud post deployment
Get informed on DeveloperWorks Recipes web site about:
How to configure IBM® Cloud Object Storage to enable IBM Spectrum Protect™ Plus to offload data to IBM Cloud
Note: IBM Spectrum Protect Plus v10.1.3 on IBM Cloud is the initial version for this feature.
To learn how to recover when vCenter or other management VMs are not accessible, see for
V10.1.1patch1 and later versions :
IBM Spectrum Protect™ Plus on IBM® Cloud: Recovery procedure when vCenter or other management VMs are not accessible - Version2
05 November 2019