|File link||File size||File description|
The Migration Toolkit for Application Binaries provides a command-line tool that quickly evaluates application-binary files for rapid deployment on newer versions of WebSphere Application Server traditional or Liberty.
This command-line tool enables administrators and developers to evaluate, inventory, and analyze applications in minutes without accessing the source code. The tool can generate individual reports or a consolidated application migration report containing the following reports:
- Application Evaluation Report
- Application Inventory Report
- Detailed Migration Analysis Report
- Liberty Configuration
Learn more and see samples of the reports here. The tool can either display an HTML report, or save the report as an HTML or JSON file.
- Download the Migration Toolkit for Application Binaries download package.
- If your browser saves the archive as binaryAppScannerInstaller.zip, rename it to binaryAppScannerInstaller.jar.
- Run the following command and follow the prompts to install the tool:
java -jar binaryAppScannerInstaller.jar
- After you accept the license agreement and specify the target directory for the installation, the tool is installed in the
- View the online IBM Documentation for the Migration Toolkit for Application Binaries. Select Show full table of contents in the left navigation pane to more easily access the documentation.
- What is the Migration Toolkit for Application Binaries?
- Watch the video demo of this migration tool.
- WebSphere Migration Knowledge Collection: Migrating to Liberty
Was this topic helpful?
10 June 2022