Abstract for XL C/C++Programming Guide
This information supports z/OS® (5650-ZOS).
- Purpose of this information
- This information provides information about implementing programs that are written in C and C++. It contains advanced guidelines and information for developing C and C++ programs to run under z/OS.
- Who should read this information
- This information is intended for users of the z/OS XL C/C++ compiler with the Language Environment® element provided with z/OS.
- Typographical conventions
- The following table explains the typographical conventions used in this information.
Table 1. Typographical conventions Typeface Indicates Example bold Commands, executable names, compiler options and pragma directives that contain lower-case letters. The
xlcutility provides two basic compiler invocation commands, xlc and xlC (xlc++), along with several other compiler invocation commands to support various C/C++ language levels and compilation environments.
italics Parameters or variables whose actual names or values are to be supplied by the user. Italics are also used to introduce new terms. Make sure that you update the size parameter if you return more than the size requested.
Programming keywords and library functions, compiler built-in functions, file and directory names, examples of program code, command strings, or user-defined names. If one or two cases of a
switchstatement are typically executed much more frequently than other cases, break out those cases by handling them separately before the
- Technical support
Additional technical support is available at the z/OS XL C/C++ Support page. This page provides a portal with search capabilities to a large selection of technical support FAQs and other support documents.
For the latest information about z/OS XL C/C++, visit product page for z/OS XL C/C++
For information about boosting performance, productivity and portability, visit IBM Z and LinuxONE Community.
If you cannot find what you need, you can e-mail: email@example.com