Migrating the server database
The server installation files include a script that migrates the server database from Derby to another database system. You can not migrate from any database other than Derby.
Download and extract the installation files for IBM® UrbanCode® Deploy.
These files are available for download from the IBM Passport Advantage® website. See the IBM UrbanCode Deploy download document.
- Place the JAR file for the new database in the lib/ext folder of the installation files.
- Stop the server.
- Back up the current database.
- From the command line, run the database migration script.
Depending on your system settings, you might need to run this file as an administrator.
- On Windows™, run the migrate-database.bat file.
- On Linux™, run the migrate-database.sh file.
- Follow the instructions in the migration script, specifying the current location of the server and the connection information for the new database.
- When the migration script is finished, restart the server
and verify that the data has been migrated.
If the migration fails due to memory issues, increase the memory that is available to the script. To increase the memory, open the migration script and find the line of code that says
1024min this code represents 1024 megabytes of memory. Increase this number and run the migration script again.