Installing IBM Integration Bus
Review the tasks that are involved in the installation of IBM® Integration Bus.
About this task
- Required: Make sure that you have acquired
the product packages that you need for installation.
Physical and electronic packages are available for IBM Integration Bus. DVDs are supplied in the physical package, and electronic images are available from the IBM Passport Advantage® website.
- Required: Make sure that you have access to the product documentation that you need for installation; see Finding the latest information.
- Required: Determine the platforms on which to install IBM Integration Bus.
- Optional: If you have installed previous versions of IBM Integration Bus on your computer, you can install the latest version alongside the existing deployment, or you can migrate your existing deployment to the latest version; see Coexistence of IBM Integration Bus Version 10.1 with previous versions.
- Required: Prepare each computer on which you
are installing IBM Integration Bus.
- Required: Check that your target computers
meet the initial hardware, storage, and software requirements.
For more information, see the IBM Integration Bus system requirements website.
- Required: Understand the security requirements for running IBM Integration Bus; see Security requirements.
- Optional: If you are installing IBM Integration Bus on distributed systems, then configure temporary directory space to enable IBM Integration Bus Java™ components to operate correctly; see Configuring temporary space on distributed systems.
- Optional: If you are installing IBM Integration Bus on Linux systems, check your kernel configuration; see Checking the kernel configuration on Linux systems.
- Optional: If you are installing IBM Integration Bus on z/OS®, then you must complete the
- Install a Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
- Check the available disk space on your system; see Checking available disk space on z/OS.
- Required: Check that your target computers meet the initial hardware, storage, and software requirements.
- Required: Install IBM Integration Bus; see Installing IBM Integration Bus software.
- Optional: Set up a command environment so that you can run administrative commands; see Setting up a command environment.
- Optional: If required, change the integration node operation mode to conform to your license; see Configuring your integration nodes to conform to your license.
- Optional: If required, install any complementary products; see Installing and uninstalling complementary products.