This collection of topics describes the interface to the data-conversion exit, and the processing performed by the queue manager when data conversion is required.
For more information about data conversion, see the document Data Conversion under IBM® MQ at https://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27005729.
The data-conversion exit is invoked as part of the processing of the MQGET call in order to convert the application message data to the representation required by the receiving application. Conversion of the application message data is optional; it requires the MQGMO_CONVERT option to be specified on the MQGET call.
- The processing performed by the queue manager in response to the MQGMO_CONVERT option; see Conversion processing.
- Processing conventions used by the queue manager when processing a built-in format; these conventions are recommended for user-written exits too. See Processing conventions.
- Special considerations for converting report messages; see Conversion of report messages.
- The parameters passed to the data-conversion exit; see MQ_DATA_CONV_EXIT - Data conversion exit.
- A call that can be used from the exit to convert character data between different representations; see MQXCNVC - Convert characters.
- The data-structure parameter that is specific to the exit; see MQDXP - Data-conversion exit parameter.