Adding tags to an API
You can include tags in API definition. Such tags are added to the OpenAPI definition of the API but are not used by API Connect for any indexing.
About this task
- This task relates to configuring an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition. For details on how to configure an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition, see Editing an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition.
- OpenAPI 3.0 APIs are supported only with the DataPower® API Gateway, not with the DataPower Gateway (v5 compatible).
- For details of current OpenAPI 3.0 support limitations, see OpenAPI 3.0 support in IBM® API Connect.
You can complete this task either by using the API Designer UI application, or by using the browser based API Manager UI.
At any time, you can switch directly to the underlying OpenAPI YAML source that corresponds to the design form in the user interface by clicking the Source icon . To return to the design form, click the Form icon .
- Open the required API for editing, as described in Editing an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition.
- Expand the Tags. then, if there already one or more tags defined, expand
- To add a new tag, click the add icon alongside Tags in the navigation pane. To edit an existing tag, click the tag name in the navigation pane.
- If you are creating a new tag, click Create. The tag details are displayed for further editing as described in step 4.
- Click Save when done.