- Examining the EJB 3.0 Simplified API specification by Roland Barcia discusses the preliminary specs for implementing EJBs as annotated POJOs.
- Making entity EJB components perform by Geoff Hambrick addresses everyone's favorite scapegoat, entity beans. (Also see The EJB Advocate and Persisting Domain Objects.)
- Meet the Experts: Gang Chen on transactions discusses XA distributed transactions and two-phase commit in WAS. (Also see "Configuring and using XA distributed transactions in WebSphere Studio.")
- Developing a standalone Java application for WebSphere MQ by Bobby Woolf (hey, that's me!) shows how to develop a Java application that uses WMQ via JMS and JNDI without needing to run in a J2EE app server.
- Articles on ESB in WAS 6, WAS 6 system management, JSSE in WAS 5, and SOA using JSF in RAD 6 and WAS 6.
So, lots of good stuff to check out. Also, for older articles, they have an archive of the previous issues.