IBM Decision Optimization
aeortiz 2700024WMF Tags:  in virtal commerce supply chain scm linked optimization linkedin user group ilog ibm management 3,963 Views
Join our monthly IBM ILOG Supply Chain Management Virtual User Group (VUG) sessions. These 1-hour meetings are a quick way to brush up on your IBM ILOG supply chain modeling skills, meet other people using the products, ask questions to the community, and learn about what's new. These sessions will be led by our experts and have plenty of time for discussions and Q&A.
May 4th 2001:
Topic: "Applying Supply Chain Analytics: Benefits of a Central Group"
This talk addresses the value firms can achieve by deploying advanced supply chain analytics and how a group should be structured. We will use case studies and recent events to highlight the value from business analytics such as network and inventory optimization. We will discuss how 3M Corporation is organized to deploy this capability.
Join our LinkedIn Community to receive updates, more detailed information, and Dial-up/Web Meeting access.
May 4th - Wednesday
June 1st - Wednesday
August 2nd - Tuesday
September 1st - Thursday
October 7th - Friday
November 2nd - Wednesday
December 2nd - Friday
aeortiz 2700024WMF Tags:  sterline scm management ibm optimization transportation execution ilog planning group commerce aberdeen 3,420 Views
On April 26th, Sterling Commerce, an IBM Company is sponsoring an Aberdeen Group webinar on Inbound Transportation Management: The Convergence of Planning, Optimization, and Dynamic Execution. Register today!
Inbound Transportation Focus –
· WalMart’s Inbound supply chain collaboration initiative is one additional factor driving change- (Kelly Abney, WalMart VP Corporate Transportation presented a keynotes on this initiative during Aberdeen’s 2010 and 2011 Supply Chain Summit).
· Gaining visibility and control of inbound transportation management is prerequisite and central to…
· Organizations lacking inbound control are blind to shipment details within the transportation pipeline.
Learn how leading companies (those with highest percentages of Inbound Freight under control) are focusing on new Inbound Technologies to address challenges and take action. They are:
· 2.8 to 5.8 –times as likely to leverage enhanced planning optimization –leading companies are converging planning processes with robust automation to support on-the-fly decision-making
· 1.2 to 2.5 –times as likely to automate dynamic optimization and near real-time visibility with optimization of execution within their processes.
and as we look for insights around best practices and review specific examples
of strategic technology advancement around inbound collaboration.