How to pass IDS Cert Exams
svisser1 2700018UK9 Visits (2629)
1) Review the exam objectives.
* Exam 915: System Administration for IBM Informix Dynamic Server V 9 * Exam 917: System Administration for IBM Informix Dynamic Server V 10 * Exam 918: System Administration for IBM Informix Dynamic Server 11
2) Read through the free tutorials.
This series of eight tutorials has been developed to help you prepare for the IBM Informix Dynamic Server 11 System Administration Certification Exam (918). These tutorials provide a solid base for each section of the exam. However, you should not rely on these tutorials as your only preparation for the exam. After a quick registration, you can begin a tutorial. Currently parts 1 and 2 are available in this series of eight. Each tutorial should take less than two hours to complete. You can take the tutorials online, or download a PDF.
3) Take an online assessment exam.
For a limited time, all IIUG members, can take a free online assessment testing to gauge their readiness for the certification exam. Assessment tests for Exams 915, 917 and 918 will be available free of charge for two weeks prior to and during the conference, April 15 through April 30, 2008. Normally these tests are offered for a fee of $10 each.
4) Take the real exam at the IIUG Informix Conference April 27-30, 2008 if you are planning to attend.
See also Kate's blog for more information on certification and training programs.
Good luck on all your exams!