1. Before you start the actual migration process, it is always strongly recommended that to run the IS recovery tool. By doing this, you can ensure to backup all current/existing assets for the entire Information Server environment.
However, if you are interested to read more about the backup procedures for Information Server, please free feel to get the detail information here.
Also, if this is the first time you are using the IS recovery tool, you can find the detail step by steps information here.
2. By the way, It is also important to ensure that the connectivity for the new server location allow:
- All ports and IS client components connections
- Server components to talk to remote server(s) (it depends on the deployment option locally) e.g. Services(WAS), Repository(databases) or HA, etc.
- IS clients components must be able to resolve the hosting information (Local host table modification required, unless you are using ip address only)
3. After backup all assets successfully, you can now re-install Information Server and make sure to apply all the patches/fixes that existed/matched on the former server(s).
4. Restore the back up on the new system with all new information.
Migration/moving done with no hassle!! Happy reading!!