Topic
9 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-08T21:32:10Z by jimmyt
ro81
ro81
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Websphere Datapower runtime option is not available in WTX Design Studio 8.4.1

‏2013-10-07T19:29:44Z |

I am using WTX Design Studio 8.4.1. I am trying to simply generate a .dpa file so I can take that file and import it into a datapower configuration. According to the documentation, I need to change the MapRuntime property in Map Settings to Websphere Datapower instead of Websphere Transformation Extender. However, this option is not available. (Also disabled is the project setting that would allow me to generate datapower maps by default.)

Did I miss something in the install? Do I need some sort of fix pack or something? There is no indication that I am missing anything or I need to configure something in the documentation. It just states that this option should be there.

• HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4325 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Websphere Datapower runtime option is not available in WTX Design Studio 8.4.1

‏2013-10-07T20:54:15Z  in response to ro81

DataPower and WTX are two independent products moving forward.

Please see this technote on which WTX Software matches which DataPower firmware:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21358525

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1344 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Websphere Datapower runtime option is not available in WTX Design Studio 8.4.1

‏2013-10-08T15:43:18Z  in response to ro81

Have you updated your DataPower preferences in Design Studio (Window -> Preferences, then type DataPower in the search entry field).  You need to configure the Interoperability Test Service configuration there, as well as enable this service (in the default domain of your target appliance).  This service replaces the old WTX domain that you had to place on older firmware versions and configured for older WTX versions.  It gives you the ability to test your map on an appliance before you deploy your .dpa file for use by a processing action within your service (a best practice).

To make the choice you are having issue with (Map Settings -> Map Runtime), open your map source, select your main map, right mouse and choose map settings (or cntl + G).  The choice should be in the dialog that appears.  As Hermann points out, make sure that your version of design studio maps to your version of DataPower.

Regards,

Steve

• jimmyt
    jimmyt
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-08T17:52:35Z  in response to ro81

I have the same issue.  I cannot edit any global Datapower settings, any project specific Datapower settings, or chagne the Map Runtime to Datapower (in this case there is no selection avaialble only the Websphere Transformation Extender option).

Install History: I had mistakenly installed 8.4.0.1 and thought it would work with Datapower .  I then realized I had the wrong WTX version and install 8.3 along side the 8.4.0.1 install and everything was glorious ;->

After discovering that 8.4.0.2 and above are supported on Datapower I then installed 8.4.1.0 along side the other 2.

I also through that I missed something in the install so I removed both 8.4.x.x instances (leaving the working 8.3 install) and re-installed 8.4.1.0 using the Custom option.  I did not see any option about Datapower and the same symptoms were still there.

wslinn, Is there any subsequent setup that must be done to enable the options in the settings or are these options in the settigns the Setup you are describing?  My Datapower is version 5.0, Herman I don't see 8.4.1.0 listed by any Datapower version, what should I make of that, unsupported?

Updated on 2013-10-08T17:56:20Z at 2013-10-08T17:56:20Z by jimmyt
    • HermannSW
      HermannSW
      4325 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-08T18:09:41Z  in response to jimmyt

Hi,

with v5.0 DataPower firmware you have to forget on 8.4.x.y with x>=1:
      http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wsdatap/v5r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.dp.xi.doc%2Fintegratingwithwtx06.htm

DataPower appliances |support the following versions of Design Studio:
      8.4.0.2 or later fix packs
      8.3.0.2 or later fix packs
      8.2.0.0 or later fix packs
      8.1.0.2 or later fix packs

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>

• jimmyt
        jimmyt
        5 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-08T18:18:32Z  in response to HermannSW

Thanks for the version clarification Herman.  Does anyone have any ideas on why I cannot generate .dpa files?

• ro81
          ro81
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-08T20:38:05Z  in response to jimmyt

I think some are misunderstanding my issue. It is not deploying and testing on a datapower box, it is building the map source with the datapower option instead of the wtx option to generate the map executable. The datapower option is not available in the map settings.

I recieved an email saying that WTX DS 8.4.1 does not support datapower as of yet. So there is no way to generate the .dpa file. I was advised to get 8.4.0.x (i got 8.4.0.2) which did work as it should

Thank you all for your responses

• jimmyt
            jimmyt
            5 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-08T21:06:20Z  in response to ro81

Sorry ro81, the title "Websphere Datapower runtime option is not available in WTX Design Studio 8.4.1" made me think you were using 8.4.1, not 8.4.0.1.

I will post my own message to avoid any confusion going forward.

• ro81
              ro81
              3 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-08T21:28:38Z  in response to jimmyt

I was using 8.4.1. I recieved an email saying this version does not support datapower yet and instructed me to use a previous version.

My problem was identical to yours, same version and issue. I had to install a previous version to resolve it. You may have to do this too.

Good luck

• jimmyt
                jimmyt
                5 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-08T21:32:10Z  in response to ro81

Makes sense, Thanks ro81