2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-07T00:33:10Z by nishizawah
nishizawah
nishizawah
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Current version of Python is already installed

‏2013-08-06T05:30:42Z |

Hi,

If I try to install Statistics22 using wizard, keeping selected installing  Python  (probably the version is 2.7) as default, my computer already has the current version of Python (ver 3.3 or the above).  Is this cause any trouble using Python plug- in on Statistics or Python?

Hideko

• JonPeck
    JonPeck
    192 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Current version of Python is already installed

‏2013-08-06T12:59:23Z  in response to nishizawah

Statistics 22 has not been released yet, so what version are you actually using?

Statistics 22 will install a private version of Python under the Statistics installation directory and place the various Python modules used by the Essentials there.  It will be Python 2.7.  Using the private Python guarantees that the Python build parameters are set correctly and eliminates the need for the user to deal with a different Python installation that might be present.

However, you can use an external, public Python version as long as it is compatible.  It must  be 2.7.x for Statistics 22 and be of the same bit size (32 or 64).  You can configure this after the install via Edit > Options > Files.  This may be prefereable if you need numpy, scipy or have other Python modules that might not recognize the private version.

With V20 or 21, an external Python 2.7 is required.  On some platforms this is installed as part of the Essentials if it is not already present, but on OS's where a different version of Python is installed, Statistics still has to use 2.7.

• nishizawah
    nishizawah
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Current version of Python is already installed

‏2013-08-07T00:33:10Z  in response to nishizawah

Thank  you for your reply. I am in the middle of preparing for launching Statistics 22. Your explanation made me clear.

Hideko