Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2014-03-14T13:19:52Z by mjbays
leojet
leojet
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic configure ibm ilog cplex on linux mint

‏2013-06-23T13:37:48Z |

Hi,

I am a new developper using CPLEX. I have downloaded and installed the trial version of the IBM ILOG CPLEX OPTIMIZATION for linux, but after installing it, when I run the command >cplex in my terminal nothing happens.Please are there some configuration to do before using it ? I really need to start programing in cplex now.

• mjbays
    mjbays
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: configure ibm ilog cplex on linux mint

‏2014-03-14T13:19:52Z  in response to leojet

Hi,

You need to add the bin directory to your path. Easiest way to do this is add all the directories to your .bashrc or .bash_profile

$vi ~/.bashrc

somewhere in the file add the lines (make sure you verify the paths are the same to the directory you install it in.)

PATH=$PATH:/opt/ibm/ILOG/CPLEX_Studio126/cplex/bin/x86-64_linux/:/opt/ibm/ILOG/CPLEX_Studio126/opl/oplide:/opt/ibm/ILOG/CPLEX_Studio126/cplex/include:/opt/ibm/ILOG/CPLEX_Studio126/opl/include/:/opt/ibm/ILOG/CPLEX_Studio126/opl/

export PATH (this only needs to be added if you don't already have it somewhere below where you add the first line).

Re-open the command line, and cplex should work, as well as oplide, etc.