• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-04T08:39:53Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3180 Posts

Pinned topic How to create a link between two object of one module

‏2013-02-01T10:57:08Z |
Hello

i want to create a link between two object of one module. Please help me out. i write a script for that but dnt know how to take ID's of objects inorder to create links between them.

Module m = current
Object o_source
Object o_target

int source=5
int target=1

o_source."ID"=source
o_target."ID"=target

o_source ->"/Daimler_HLI_LCU/01 LEAR Requirements/LCU/06-L Software/DOORS Links"->o_target
Hemlata
Updated on 2013-02-04T08:39:53Z at 2013-02-04T08:39:53Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

Re: How to create a link between two object of one module

‏2013-02-01T11:12:40Z  
    DXL help, heading: Finding objects
    --snip--->>>
    Finding objects
    This section defines functions that allow DXL programs to navigate through the objects in a module.

object (absno)
    Declaration
    Object object(int absno,Module m)
    Operation
    Returns the object with the specified absolute number. If no module argument is supplied, the current module is searched.
    <<<--snap---

o_source = object (5)...
    But: the perm "object" only works if the object is currently visible - which depends on the current filter settings etc.
    If it is not clear whether the object is visible you can use the loop "for o in entire (module) do" (same heading in the dxl help) in conjunction with 'if 5 == o."Absolute Number" then o_source=o'

HTH
    Mike
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

Re: How to create a link between two object of one module

‏2013-02-04T08:39:53Z  
    DXL help, heading: Finding objects
    --snip--->>>
    Finding objects
    This section defines functions that allow DXL programs to navigate through the objects in a module.

object (absno)
    Declaration
    Object object(int absno,Module m)
    Operation
    Returns the object with the specified absolute number. If no module argument is supplied, the current module is searched.
    <<<--snap---

o_source = object (5)...
    But: the perm "object" only works if the object is currently visible - which depends on the current filter settings etc.
    If it is not clear whether the object is visible you can use the loop "for o in entire (module) do" (same heading in the dxl help) in conjunction with 'if 5 == o."Absolute Number" then o_source=o'

HTH
    Mike
    Hello Mike,

Your reply solved my problem.
    Thanks a lot

Regards,
    Hemlata