Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-01T15:59:15Z by maria.baldassarri@it.ibm.com
maria.baldassarri@it.ibm.com
17 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to display chart x-axis labels horizontally in Report Studio Cognos 10?

‏2013-01-31T08:20:00Z |
In the report I'm developing the chart x-axis labels are displayed vertically, but the report would be more readable if they were horizontal.

I've found an a similar problem on cognos 8 described here:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21340989

but in cognos 10 I do not find the same propertes described above.

How can I change this behavior?

thanks a lot Maria
Updated on 2013-02-01T15:59:15Z at 2013-02-01T15:59:15Z by maria.baldassarri@it.ibm.com
  • maria.baldassarri@it.ibm.com
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to display chart x-axis labels horizontally in Report Studio Cognos 10?

‏2013-01-31T08:39:10Z  in response to maria.baldassarri@it.ibm.com
    I've received this answer from DanielWagemann in post that I had not marked as question:

"In Cognos 10 using the legacy charting engine, you can click on the Category Axis, (It shows up as abc abc abc.) Then change the label control from automatic to manual.

It may not be perfect but its a starting point."

I forgot to specify that I'm developing an active report, so I'm not sure I can use the legacy charting engine, anyway I've tried.

I've changed the Use Legacy Chart Authoring

Tools -> Options -> Advanced Tab -> check Use Legacy Chart Authoring

but I still see the same property page where there is no label control to change.

Maria
  • maria.baldassarri@it.ibm.com
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-31T09:21:03Z  in response to maria.baldassarri@it.ibm.com
    I would like to know the answer to the question in last reply:

If I use new chart available with Cognos 10 is not possible to control manually the x-axis labels?
    • DanielWagemann
      DanielWagemann
      850 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-31T14:55:53Z  in response to maria.baldassarri@it.ibm.com
      Here is a link to the elements which are not migrated when moving from the legacy charts to the new charts.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cx/v10r1m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.ug_cr_rptstd.10.1.0.doc%2Fc_rs_charts_limits_legacy.html

Unfortunately, rotate values is on this list.