Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-29T11:20:05Z by kenhygh
Jaango
Jaango
266 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Tunnelling through a service

‏2013-01-29T10:12:29Z |
I am using Datapower by logging in to a remote desktop, launching browser in that desktop. The datapower webgui is not available from my local machine. Is there a way i can write a service, may be in java( I guess an http service), which when deployed in the remote desktop, can be used from local machine for accessing the webgui, all tasks using webgui and accessing the datapower webservice through the java service, using my soap clients and curl?

My aim is to avoid logging in to the remote desktop for webgui and test the datapower webservices. Any guidance or pointers will be very much useful.
Updated on 2013-01-29T11:20:05Z at 2013-01-29T11:20:05Z by kenhygh
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4359 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Tunnelling through a service

‏2013-01-29T10:45:16Z  in response to Jaango
    > I am using Datapower by logging in to a remote desktop, launching browser in that desktop.
    > The datapower webgui is not available from my local machine.
    >
    Does that mean that you cannot access the port WebGUI is running from your local machine?
    Or does that mean that you cannot access the DataPower box at all?

In case you can access the box from your local machine, and you are able to configure a new service on that box (and your WebGUI runs on port 9090 you cannot accesss):
    • Create a new "TCP Proxy" service on that box
    • listening on "0.0.0.0" (better a specific interface) port 1234 (just a sample)
    • with Remote Host 127.0.0.1 and Remote Port 9090

In case you need a Java service for the remote machine, just google for "tcp proxy java" and take any.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/>
  • kenhygh
    kenhygh
    1427 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Tunnelling through a service

‏2013-01-29T11:20:05Z  in response to Jaango
    It's pretty common, especially for DPs deployed in a DMZ, to have to go through a jump server to get to the admin interfaces.

It's NOT common to have to do that to test your services, after all, other clients and servers will need access. Do you have the same issue getting to your services?

BTW, just because you can do what you want doesn't mean you should. I suspect you'll be breaking some security rules setting up such a tunnel.

Ken