IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-05T05:35:06Z by a.heckmann
StayGreen
StayGreen
7 Posts

Pinned topic Brocade 8Gb SAN Switch Module FOS firmware v6.4.2b

‏2013-01-19T02:19:23Z |
Hi, ALl

We have the following system.

BladeCenter H Chassis, 8852
BladeCenter H23
Brocade 8Gb SAN Switch Module 20 port(44X1920)

We want to update FOS version t0 the lasest v6.4.2b. But IBM Fix Center shows we should downoad the file from Third party URL as attached 001.jpg. We clicked Thidd party URL from IBM fix central which directs us to brocade site as attached 002.jpg.
Updated on 2013-01-19T02:45:45Z at 2013-01-19T02:45:45Z by StayGreen
  • StayGreen
    StayGreen
    7 Posts

Re: Brocade 8Gb SAN Switch Module FOS firmware v6.4.2b

‏2013-01-19T02:45:45Z  
    Hi, ALl

I missed to post the first thread which is under work. I failed to find to how to edit the first thread so that I post the thread again.

BladeCenter H23

We want to update FOS version t0 the lasest v6.4.2b. But IBM Fix Center shows we should downoad the file from Third party URL as attached 001.jpg. We clicked Thidd party URL from IBM fix central which directs us to brocade site as attached 002.jpg. I think windows package should be same as Unix package and we downloaded Windows package because our FTP server is from Windows side. Is it right?

From v6.2.b installation instruction, I found the following notes.

3.0 Installation and Setup Instructions

1.) Untar or unzip code package to an FTP Server
    2.) Log into the Brocade SAN Switch Module as USERID and PASSW0RD (zero not a O)
    3.) Once at a prompt run the command "firmwaredownload"
    4.) You will be asked if you want to continue -- press "y"
    5.) Enter the IP Address of the FTP Server
    6.) Enter the account name for the FTP Server
    7.) Enter the path and filename "{PATH}" where {PATH} is the path to the top level directory structure for the new firmware.
    8.) Enter the password for the FTP Server account
    9.) The switch will download and install the code. A reboot will occur automatically when the code is finished installing.

I think 1) tells us that we should unzip the downloaded windows packages and put the unzipped files under our FTP root directory.
    After unzip the downloaded windows unzip package. It has the following directory tree.

v6.2.b.zip
    - v6.2.b
    -SWBD71
    -SWBD72
    -FabOSSDK.tar.gz

I am not sure we should just put unzipped v6.2.b under FTP root directory or put these file/folders which is under v.6.2.b on our FTP for FOS firmware update. Can someone tells me the details about FOS firmware update?
  • a.heckmann
    a.heckmann
    2 Posts

Re: Brocade 8Gb SAN Switch Module FOS firmware v6.4.2b

‏2014-02-05T05:35:06Z  
    • StayGreen
    • ‏2013-01-19T02:45:45Z
    Hi, ALl

I missed to post the first thread which is under work. I failed to find to how to edit the first thread so that I post the thread again.

BladeCenter H23

We want to update FOS version t0 the lasest v6.4.2b. But IBM Fix Center shows we should downoad the file from Third party URL as attached 001.jpg. We clicked Thidd party URL from IBM fix central which directs us to brocade site as attached 002.jpg. I think windows package should be same as Unix package and we downloaded Windows package because our FTP server is from Windows side. Is it right?

From v6.2.b installation instruction, I found the following notes.

3.0 Installation and Setup Instructions

1.) Untar or unzip code package to an FTP Server
    2.) Log into the Brocade SAN Switch Module as USERID and PASSW0RD (zero not a O)
    3.) Once at a prompt run the command "firmwaredownload"
    4.) You will be asked if you want to continue -- press "y"
    5.) Enter the IP Address of the FTP Server
    6.) Enter the account name for the FTP Server
    7.) Enter the path and filename "{PATH}" where {PATH} is the path to the top level directory structure for the new firmware.
    8.) Enter the password for the FTP Server account
    9.) The switch will download and install the code. A reboot will occur automatically when the code is finished installing.

I think 1) tells us that we should unzip the downloaded windows packages and put the unzipped files under our FTP root directory.
    After unzip the downloaded windows unzip package. It has the following directory tree.

v6.2.b.zip
    - v6.2.b
    -SWBD71
    -SWBD72
    -FabOSSDK.tar.gz

I am not sure we should just put unzipped v6.2.b under FTP root directory or put these file/folders which is under v.6.2.b on our FTP for FOS firmware update. Can someone tells me the details about FOS firmware update?

Hi,

you got any Information about the FOS Firmware Installation process?

Thx