Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-18T15:54:56Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts

Pinned topic Eclipse ANT Tooling squashed in Worklight/Android development environment?

‏2012-11-29T13:23:43Z |
Hello,

Recognizing that IBM doesn't own all of the pieces involved I was curious if anyone else had seen issues with missing ANT functionality. In base eclipse environments you can right click on a build.xml file and choose Run As -> Ant Build.

In my two Worklight environments Windows(Worklight 503, Android Dev Tools, RTC 2.0) Mac(Worklight 503, Android Dev Tools, RTC 3.0) I can not run the build.xml file as Ant Build, the option is not available. I stood up a simpler environment with Windows(Eclipse Indigo, RTC 2) and the functionality was avilable.

My hunch is that Worklight isn't to blame, but rather the Android tooling is over-riding the ANT build offer. Google searches in the android forums aren't showing much as they really only care about the android specific build tools.

Anyone else seeing this issue, and does anyone have any idea for how to get the ANT tools back in Worklight/Android development environment? I have attempted to turn on and off eclipse capabilities and remove all filters from the Run configuration window with no luck. I really appreciate the help

Aaron Allsbrook
ClearBlade Mobile Lead
  • kfbishop
    kfbishop
    1 Post

Re: Eclipse ANT Tooling squashed in Worklight/Android development environment?

‏2012-11-29T16:51:28Z  
    A workaround is to add the "Ant" view to your perspective, and then add the ANT build file(s) to the view. Then you can run your ANT tasks from there.

Hope this helps.
  • EricBatzdorff
    EricBatzdorff
    18 Posts

‏2012-12-14T23:03:03Z  
    • kfbishop
    • ‏2012-11-29T16:51:28Z
    A workaround is to add the "Ant" view to your perspective, and then add the ANT build file(s) to the view. Then you can run your ANT tasks from there.

Hope this helps.
    I've noticed this, too. I think it's Worklight Studio. I see this issue and have not yet installed the Android plugin.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2012-12-18T15:54:56Z  
    The workaround is great, I appreciate the tip.