Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-18T17:55:49Z by BenEisenstein
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1632 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to reconfigure the database configuration in IBM Data Studio after init

‏2012-10-10T16:26:36Z |
How to reconfigure the database configuration in IBM Data Studio after initial install?

I already had IBM Data Server runtime client installed on my workstation.

I then installed IBM Data Studio Admin client.
The IBM Data Studio Admin client apparently figured out my local db2 environment configuration because these db2 db names were immediately available in the Adminsitrative Explorer and Data Source Explorer.

This is very good.

But then I uninstalled and installed a new version of IBM Data Server runtime client.
When I installed the new IBM Data Server client I also used a new configuration script to configure my client.

BUT, my IBM Data Studio admin client is still using the old configuration it "imported" from the original IBM Data Server runtime client.

How can I get my IBM Data Studio admin clien to use the current configuration?
I understand how to "delete" a database connection in IBM Data Studio. That is obvious and easy.
But I am puzzled on how to use IBM Data Studio to import the configuration of the new IBM Data Server runime client.
How can that be done?

regards,
Brian Laube
Updated on 2012-10-18T17:55:49Z at 2012-10-18T17:55:49Z by BenEisenstein
  • loicjulien
    loicjulien
    96 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to reconfigure the database configuration in IBM Data Studio after init

‏2012-10-10T16:40:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Brian,

1/ Once you have connected to a Catalog database "automatically displayed" by Data Studio, we will not remove it.

2/ We have a preference that prevents catalog database from reloading, in case you had deleted it. In case of a name contention on the alias, this may be what you are experiencing.
    - I am attaching our preference with this post

• I would delete (in Data Studio) all the one from your previous configuration, temporarily enable "Restore deleted DB2 Aliases on startup" and restart the tool. It should now read the new configuration. You can then deselect the preference again so that we don't keep reloading the ones you do not need.

Let me know if this helps,
    ~Loic
  • BenEisenstein
    BenEisenstein
    24 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to reconfigure the database configuration in IBM Data Studio after init

‏2012-10-18T17:55:49Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    It seems we are always acquiring new databases, moving them to new servers, etc. This seems to work for us:

1. Go to the workspace directory
    2. Delete or rename the metadata directory
    3. Start Data Studio. It wull reinitialize the connection information from your catalog.

Ben