• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-14T14:19:18Z by Romain12345
Romain12345
Romain12345
4 Posts

Pinned topic Installation of DB2 Express-C 9.7 failed

‏2012-08-08T12:25:18Z |
Hi,

The installation of DB2 Express-C 9.7 failed on my computer. I have the 2 following errors :
  • une erreur s'est produite lors de la création de l'instance "DB2". Code retour = "-1960". Créez-la manuellement à l'aide de la commande "db2icrt".
  • Une erreur s'est produite lors de la tentative de démarrage de l'instance "DB2". Code retour = "7" ; message SQL : "PROCESS_ERROR".

I attached the log file.

I precise I have already installed with success this version of DB2 on my computer.
For your infrmation, during the installation, I choose a domain account with password. I precise I have to do this. I can't use localsystem. But if I install with localsystem, the installation is completed with success.

I tested to uninstall completely DB2 with "db2unins /f" command and install it again but without success.

Regards,
Updated on 2012-08-14T14:19:18Z at 2012-08-14T14:19:18Z by Romain12345
  • Romain12345
    Romain12345
    4 Posts

Re: Installation of DB2 Express-C 9.7 failed

‏2012-08-13T07:46:24Z  
    Any idea?
  • Romain12345
    Romain12345
    4 Posts

Re: Installation of DB2 Express-C 9.7 failed

‏2012-08-14T14:19:18Z  
    Hi,

T try to install again and I had the same errors. But, after the execution of db2val.exe, I repaired it (in configuration panel, right click on DB2 Express C and repair). And when I executed again the command db2val.exe, I had the following message :
    Tâche 1-1 : Validation de DB2 Express-C
    Statut 1-1 : Réussite
    So, the installation is ok. But I have not the db2 instance.
    I try to create it with the command db2icrt (db2icrt.exe DB2 -s wse -u myuser) but I have the following error:

Explanation
    An error occurred when registering a DB2 service because of one of the follow reasons:

A service of the same name already exists or was marked as deleted but not cleaned up until the next system reboot.
    You don't have sufficient access to create a Windows service

User response

Ensure that the name of the instance does not match any of the existing Windows services. The list of services in the system can be found in the Windows registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System \CurrentControlSet\Services. If the service was marked as deleted, you have to reboot the machine to have the service removed from the system.
    Log on to a user account that belongs to the local Administrators group and retry the operation.

I can resolve this error. because I'm sure I have sufficient acces because I logged as administrator. And maybe there is a service already exists with the same name (because I do several installations) but I uninstalled db2 express without errors. And I already use the command db2unins /f which forces a complete uninstallation.

So, how can I verify if a service already exist?
    And how can I verify my access?