Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-02T16:44:13Z by SystemAdmin
C1CE_Ankur_Bhattacharya
5 Posts

Pinned topic Not able to create Batch Project in RSA for Websphere 8.0.4

‏2012-07-25T10:24:10Z |
I am trying to use the Modern Batch feature (in Websphere App Server 8.0) to create Java-based batch jobs. In the development tool side I am using Rational Software Architect for Websphere 8.0.4. However I don't find the option of creating a Batch Project in RSA for WS. What am I missing?
Updated on 2012-11-02T16:44:13Z at 2012-11-02T16:44:13Z by SystemAdmin
  • heather.carlson@ssa.gov
    1 Post

Re: Not able to create Batch Project in RSA for Websphere 8.0.4

‏2012-07-26T14:11:37Z  
    Hi,

It has to do with what features you selected when you installed RSA 8.0. This should be fairly simple to fix. Open Installation Manager and select "Modify." Select your RSA install and tab through the wizard until you get to the window where you select what features to install. I believe you will need the MDD-Java Standard profile checked.

Expand the IBM Rational Software Architect for Websphere Software 8.0.4 feature.
    Expand the Rational Software Architect for Websphere Software feature.
    Expand the SOA and Websphere feature.

Check the options for Compute Grid Tools for Modern Batch

At the bottom of the screen, click Next and Modify. This should install the toolset for Modern Batch.
  • C1CE_Ankur_Bhattacharya
    5 Posts

‏2012-07-26T17:02:28Z  
    Hi,

It has to do with what features you selected when you installed RSA 8.0. This should be fairly simple to fix. Open Installation Manager and select "Modify." Select your RSA install and tab through the wizard until you get to the window where you select what features to install. I believe you will need the MDD-Java Standard profile checked.

Expand the IBM Rational Software Architect for Websphere Software 8.0.4 feature.

At the bottom of the screen, click Next and Modify. This should install the toolset for Modern Batch.
    Thanks for your response. This is what I was looking for.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2012-11-02T13:08:40Z  
    Hi,

I have IBM Rational Software Architect 8.0
    I am trying to get "Modern Batch Project" option in RSA.
    I followed the instructions, but though I do see "Extension for SOA and WebSphere" , under it, there is no "Compute Grid Tools for Modern Batch"

Is there a way to get this feature on this version of RSA?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2012-11-02T16:44:13Z  
    I have IBM Rational Software Architect 8.0
    I am trying to get "Modern Batch Project" option in RSA.
    I followed the instructions, but though I do see "Extension for SOA and WebSphere" , under it, there is no "Compute Grid Tools for Modern Batch"

Is there a way to get this feature on this version of RSA?
    Hello,
    That function is available in version 8.0.1, as mentioned in this link: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27018924#801