Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-02-22T08:08:54Z by VarunGupta7
stupid
stupid
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WebSphere Message Broker won't install

‏2012-07-10T16:14:51Z |
Greetings,

I'm posting this message concerning WebSphere MessageBroker here as there is not any dedicated forum and this one is the most appropriate I could find. Sorry if this is not the good place.

I downloaded the MessageBroker v8 trial version from http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/ws/wmb/. The download director downloaded me two folders: WS-MB-WINX64-FP0000-TRIAL.zip and CZRV5ML.zip. I unzipped them and, after longs researches, I discivered that in order to install it I needed to run the mqsilaunchpad.exe. Running it I noticed that another prerequisite was missing: MessageBroker Toolkit. I downloaded it from the same location. The download director brought me the following folders: WS-MBT-WINIA32-FP0000-TRIAL-D1.zip, WS-MBT-WINIA32-FP0000-TRIAL-D2.zip, WS-MBT-WINIA32-FP0000-TRIAL-D3.zip.

Now I started the mqsilaunchpad.exe which displayed all the four prerequisites in the PENDING status. Pressing the "Launch installation for WebSphere Message Broker" button displayed a dialog box asking for the installer for the WebSphere Eclipse Platform 3.3. I selected the file Prereqs\IES\setup.exe and the WebSphere Eclipse Platform 3.3 got installed.

Then I've been asked for the installer for the WebSphere MQ 7.0.1 and I selected MSI\x64\IBM WebSphere MQ 64bitSupport.exe file. The WebSphere MQ 7.0.1 got installed as well.

Then, I've been asked for the installer of Message Broker Toolkit. I selected the file disk1\IBMInstallationManager\install.exe which installed the IBM Installation Manager and the WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit.

Then, I've been asked for the installer for the Message Broker Explorer and I selected MBExplorer\install.exe. This has installed the Message Broker Explorer.

Now, that every thing seemed to be installed, I noticed that in the mqsilaunchpad the prerequisites status was the following:
- WebSphere MQ 7.0.1.3: installed
- WebSphere Message Broker 8.0.0: pending
- WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit 8.0.0: pending
- WebSphere Message Broker Explorer 8.0.0: installed.
Pressing the "Refresh" button doesn't change anything and pressing the "Launch installation for WebSphere Message Broker" asks again for the Message Broker Toolkit installer. Selecting it again starts the Installation Manager which says that the prerequistes is already installed. I have the following options:
- to say "cancel", in which case I come back to the mqsilaunchpad showing the WebSphere Message Broker and the WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit as "pending"
- to reinstall the Message Broker Toolkit and then to go back to the mqsilaunchpad showing the WebSphere Message Broker and the WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit as "pending".

In conclusion, the Message Broker and the Message Broker Toolkit appear as not being installed for the mqsilaunchpad, while at least the Message Broker Toolkit is installed and shown by the Installation manager.

What could be the problem here ? I also have to mention that I never have seen such a heavy installation procedure, however I'm using lots of messaging infrastructures.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Nicolas
Updated on 2012-11-13T10:56:29Z at 2012-11-13T10:56:29Z by SystemAdmin
  • mqmatt
    mqmatt
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WebSphere Message Broker won't install

‏2012-07-11T20:08:00Z  in response to stupid
    Hi,
    There are two components to Message Broker - the Toolkit (where you can create broker solutions and do simple broker management tasks), and the runtime, which is responsible for running the integration logic deployed to it). The broker builds on top of a vanilla MQ install (which is comprised the CZRV5ML and Eclipse Platform 3.3 installs you completed).
    You also saw the Message Broker Explorer, which is only really necessary if you are in an WMB administrator type role... so this may not be strictly necessary.

So, the Launchpad is reporting that these main broker components (the toolkit and runtime) are not installed.

You can check to see whether this is the case by using the Windows start menu - If the Message Broker Toolkit is available on Start -> All Programs -> IBM WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit -> IBM WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit 8.0 -> WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit, and it can be started successfully, then the Toolkit is OK, and you can disregard the message in the launchpad.

Similarly for the runtime - if you can start a command console (you can optionally administer the broker from the commandline using this, rather than using the graphical tools), using Start -> All Programs -> IBM WebSphere Message Broker 8.0.0.0 -> Command Console) then you know the install was probably successful.

If either of these were not successful, you should have seen error messages that tell you why the install failed. You can try re-invoking the installer manually by double clicking on installToolkit.bat (for the toolkit) or Setup*.exe (for the runtime).

Good luck - hope this helps
    -Matt
    • stupid
      stupid
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-16T11:36:59Z  in response to mqmatt
      Hi Mat,

Many thanks for you answer. I followed your suggestions and it appears that:

1. I can run the Message Broket Toolkit by doing Start -> All Programs -> IBM WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit -> IBM WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit 8.0 -> WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit.

2. I don't have any Start -> All Programs -> IBM WebSphere Message Broker 8.0.0.0 -> Command Console. I only have Start -> All Programs -> IBM WebSphere Message Broker 8.0.0.0 -> Message Broker Explorer.

3. Running the setup64.exe in the runtime directory doesn't do anything. When double-clicked it tries to open a command window and closes it very fast. If I run it in a command window it just display the prompt.

What could be wrong with this install ?

Many thanks in advance.

Nicolas
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        8523 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-13T10:56:29Z  in response to stupid
        I had this error too: you can't run an x64 installer on a x32 OS.
  • VarunGupta7
    VarunGupta7
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-21T19:23:39Z  in response to stupid

Hi...

From which location I could find the 'IBM WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit Version 8.0.0.0' to download ? (as I've already installed MBv8/MQv7/MBExplorer etc).

The only thing left in the launch pad executable is the Toolkit. Please suggest. Thanks !

• VarunGupta7
      VarunGupta7
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-02-22T08:08:54Z  in response to VarunGupta7

I got it. Thanks for coming up. :)

Installed the MQ/Broker/Broker Explorer/Toolkit... all are fine on Windows 64 bit.