11 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-05-10T20:55:53Z by RobertDickson
Prardhana
Prardhana
9 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic cannot compile job

‏2012-05-07T21:59:47Z |
HI ,
I am developing ISD job which performs member match . When I click on compile , it throws an error saying :

" cannot get exclusive access to executable file for job performrefmatch1 - job may be being monitored ".
How do i get rid of this ? I remember that I clicked on monitor job in director client .

Thanks
Prarthana.
Updated on 2012-05-10T20:55:53Z at 2012-05-10T20:55:53Z by RobertDickson
  • RobertDickson
    RobertDickson
    20 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: cannot compile job

‏2012-05-08T08:18:47Z  in response to Prardhana
    Have you disabled the service so that there are no instances running?
    • Prardhana
      Prardhana
      9 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-08T18:00:25Z  in response to RobertDickson
      HI ,
      So , does it mean we cannot compile a ISD job if an instance of it is running ? Do we need to disable it , make any changes and then recompile ?
      • Prardhana
        Prardhana
        9 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-08T18:01:48Z  in response to Prardhana
        If that is true then how do we disable the service ? right click on job and uncheck " enable information services" ?
        • RobertDickson
          RobertDickson
          20 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-08T20:06:57Z  in response to Prardhana
          Hi,

You can not compile a job that is running (either in 'batch', or deployed and enabled via ISD). For batch, you must either wait for the job to finish, or 'kill' it. ISD jobs are generally 'always on' jobs (i.e. you can see them running in the director). Simply unchecking the 'enable information services' checkbox does not make it stop running. For ISD, you must disable it so that it is no longer running. Check out the InfoCenter: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iisinfsv/v8r7/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.swg.im.iis.infoservdir.sec.services.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_isd_user_disabling_a_service_in_the_console.html&resultof=%22%64%69%73%61%62%6c%65%22%20%22%64%69%73%61%62%6c%22%20%22%73%65%72%76%69%63%65%22%20%22%73%65%72%76%69%63%22%20

Keep in mind that if you changed the metadata on the job input or output, you will need to redeploy the service. If the endpoints are the same and the only thing that has changed is the logic, then you are ok with disable/enable.

Good luck!

Robert
          • Prardhana
            Prardhana
            9 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-08T20:56:36Z  in response to RobertDickson
            HI ,
            The link you provided below is opening a blank page. Could you please provide me a working link ? Thanks for the reply .
  • RobertDickson
    RobertDickson
    20 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-08T21:07:27Z  in response to Prardhana
    Hi,

Interesting.... Works for me :)

Try bookmarking them main Information Server InfoCenter link at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iisinfsv/v8r7/index.jsp and then just search for 'disable service'.

Hope that helps!

Robert
    • Prardhana
      Prardhana
      9 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-08T22:10:48Z  in response to RobertDickson
      HI Robert ,
      Thank you so much for the link . I tried in firefox and it worked . Let me try to get an understanding .
      If i make any changes to my ISD job , I need to compile it . BUt to compile it I need to disable it if the endpoints do not change .--right ?
      once I disable it ., I should not see it as "running" anymore in director client - is my understanding correct ?
      so if it not running , I can get access to that job , make changes and then enable it again . is this true ?

Assumign everything above is correct here is what i did :
      I disbaled my service(MemberMatchService) but I can still see the job instance( PerformRefMatch1) running . I tried undeploy and redeploy of that app as well . It still shows running . How do I get rid of this process in director client . Please refer to the screenshot , I have highlighted the job and servoce for your reference .

Note : however other services are not behaving like this .

Thanks
      Prarthana.

Attachments

• RobertDickson
        RobertDickson
        20 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-10T00:07:58Z  in response to Prardhana
        Hi,

Did the response you got in http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=424377&tstart=0 help here?
        • Prardhana
          Prardhana
          9 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-10T14:12:10Z  in response to RobertDickson
          HI Robert ,
          Yes , that did help me but I still cannot get rid of one instance of job ( which always shows as running) though the app is undeployed .

Thanks
          Prarthana.
          • Prardhana
            Prardhana
            9 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-10T15:33:21Z  in response to Prardhana
            I have deleted the application without knowng that it will not have any effect on deployed services . I can still see the job instances in director ( som eof them running ) . How do I get rid of them in director ? Since I dont have the application associated with it , I could not find a way to delete them in director .

Thanks
            Prarthana.
            • RobertDickson
              RobertDickson
              20 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-10T20:55:53Z  in response to Prardhana
              Hi Prathana,

If you have also stopped and restarted Information Server, then I think a PMR is the best course of action.

Sorry to not have helped more!

Robert