• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-06-15T10:07:58Z by erman_ibm
erman_ibm
erman_ibm
8 Posts

Pinned topic CL_COMPILER_NOT_AVAILABLE

‏2011-06-13T11:21:59Z |
Hi,

I use PS3 (Fedora 9) to develop OpenCL application. I updated to version 0.3 but got the CL_COMPILER_NOT_AVAILABLE. I already follow the instructions on the installation guide but no result. I do not have this experience before (using version 0.2). Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Updated on 2011-06-15T10:07:58Z at 2011-06-15T10:07:58Z by erman_ibm
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    131 Posts

Re: CL_COMPILER_NOT_AVAILABLE

‏2011-06-14T19:15:09Z  
    erman_ibm:

Sorry for not responding sooner, but in order to recreate your environment, I had to locate a PS3 with Fedora 9 installed. For your information, this is not a tested or supported configuration. However, there is no fundamental reason is should not work.

I think I have recreated the problem you are experiencing. The issue is that the compiler failed to configure itself as a result of failing to locate required 64-bit glibc and stdc++ system components. On my system, I found that only one package was missing - glibc-devel for ppc64.

In order to ensure everything is properly installed, I recommend the following installation steps.

1) Install the missing glibc-devel package.

yum install glibc-devel-2.8-3.ppc64

2) Uninstall the OpenCL SDK version 0.3. See section 2.3 of the OpenCL Development Kit for Linux on Power - Installation and User's Guide

3) Re-install the development kit - see Step 2 of section 2.2 of the same guide.
  • erman_ibm
    erman_ibm
    8 Posts

Re: CL_COMPILER_NOT_AVAILABLE

‏2011-06-15T10:07:58Z  
    erman_ibm:

Sorry for not responding sooner, but in order to recreate your environment, I had to locate a PS3 with Fedora 9 installed. For your information, this is not a tested or supported configuration. However, there is no fundamental reason is should not work.

I think I have recreated the problem you are experiencing. The issue is that the compiler failed to configure itself as a result of failing to locate required 64-bit glibc and stdc++ system components. On my system, I found that only one package was missing - glibc-devel for ppc64.

In order to ensure everything is properly installed, I recommend the following installation steps.

1) Install the missing glibc-devel package.

yum install glibc-devel-2.8-3.ppc64

2) Uninstall the OpenCL SDK version 0.3. See section 2.3 of the OpenCL Development Kit for Linux on Power - Installation and User's Guide

3) Re-install the development kit - see Step 2 of section 2.2 of the same guide.
    Thank you for reply. I followed the steps you suggest, and it works now. Actually I use OpenCL on PS3 for my school work and assignments. Glad to know that this v0.3 supports OpenCL 1.1.

Erman