Topic
10 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-10T02:58:49Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
214 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Error Installing: A Part of this product is in an unhealthy state: Archite

‏2011-06-08T16:00:16Z |
Hello,

I've been tasked with testing Cognos to see how it well it will process some of the data my team works with. I've tried installing the Cognos Express trial twice now but have received the same error both times. The install seems to go smoothly, but after it starts up Internet Explorer and tries to complete the install of the Manager it gets to the point where the Event Messages states.

"The Installation of Manager is completing. Please wait"

The first time, I let my computer wait for 4 hours eating up around 50% of my processor while using it for other things and then had to shutdown the computer for the night. When restarting in the morning, I tried to open it and I get the message stating.

"Manager - Error Installing"
"A part of this product is in an unhealthy state: Architect"

The second time after uninstalling, I restarted, closed everything possible on my computer and let it install with minimal services loaded and no use happening at the same time. After letting it run all night, I get the same error.

I've looked through all the files I can and searched all over for other people who have had this error. It comes up with nothing.

What can I try?

My System Specs are:

HP EliteBook 2540P
Intel i7 L640
4.00GB Ram
Win 7 32bit
IE 9 and Chrome
Java 1.6.0_25

Thanks,
John
Updated on 2012-10-10T02:58:49Z at 2012-10-10T02:58:49Z by SystemAdmin
  • PCoggan
    PCoggan
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error Installing: A Part of this product is in an unhealthy state: Archite

‏2011-06-08T23:40:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi John

Are you installing the trial version which is 32 bit or the full licenced version which preferably needs a 64bit computer?

When you initiated the install did you right click on the installer program and select install as administrator? You need to use a userid which has admin rights on the PC.

Do you have excel installed on your PC?

The install should definately not take hours to run - it is more like 10 minutes so if it goes over half an hour again I would abort.

Check the supported platforms as I am not sure if IE9 is supported. It may work but IE7 and 8 are the oficially supported versions. see supported platform at https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27019191

Do you have .Net 3.5 installed? (this is an option within Windows 7 features)

Do you have IIS activated within your Windows install (you need the upper versions of Windows 7 to have this available). Windows 7 "Professional" is the indicated supported version of Windows 7 operating system.

regards

Paul Coggan.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      214 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-09T14:52:36Z  in response to PCoggan
      Paul,

Thanks for jumping in on this:

1. I'm using the trial version
      2. I didn't right click to install as an administrator, but I am an administrator on this machine.
      3. I do have Excel 2007 installed
      4. I'll abort if it takes to long on my next attempt
      5. While IE9 is new and may not be on the list, I doubt that's issue. I get the same error in Chrome and FireFox. (I know, not officially supported, but downgrading to IE8 isn't an option)
      6. I checked my .net3.5 install, it was enabled but it's two sub services were not, I've turned those on and will try again.
      7. I had about 1/2 of the IIS options enabled. I've gone in and turned all of them on. I'm using Win7 Pro.

Time to try again, I'll post my results.

~John
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        214 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-09T21:54:20Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        I'm in the process of re-installing again and here are my notes:

1. Ran the installer as Admin.
        2. Chose the default selections for all options and created the users successfully.
        3. Chose to start the manager when the installer finished
        4. Clicked finish on the browser window to complete the installation.
        5. Seven minutes after clicking on finish I go to the part where it says, "The installation of Manager is completing. Please Wait."
        6. When it reached the last step, CPU utilization jumped to right around 50% for Java.exe
        7. 35 minutes went by and I had to leave for the day... it didn't finish.
        8. I stopped IE and then had to kill Java as it continued running at max load.
        9. Tried starting Cognos and got an error "A part of this product is in an unhealthy state: Architect"

Any more ideas on how to make this work?

John
    • i_sam
      i_sam
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-06-10T11:09:52Z  in response to PCoggan
      Hi,
      I have similar problem with XCelerator web.
      WIN7/Excel2007/IE9.
      I could use Xcelerator Web without any problem, but now is stoped. I have tryed reinstal and I got message "A part of this product is in an unhealthy state: Xcelerator Web".
      I mean the problem is about update WIN7. But I dont know where

Ivo
  • islaaloha
    islaaloha
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-14T03:41:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Aloha Everyone,

I have the same problem installing Cognos Express 9.5 30 day EVAL as John did. The install hangs on the last step "The installation of Cognos is completing". I was able to install it the first time but when I uninstalled the Cognos Express using the UNINSTALL option in PROGRAMS and FEATURES in the CONTROL PANEL and reinstall it again I had the same problem as John. It seems like I cannot reinstall Cognos Express again in Windows 7.

Peter Hwu
    Honolulu, Hawaii
  • C7WK_bhujith_kumar
    C7WK_bhujith_kumar
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re:A part of this product is in an unhealthy state: Xcelerator Web

‏2012-05-27T06:35:38Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi I too got the same error message
    previously, i tried to install without congiguring IIS.An error saying IIS is not configured was displayed
    then i installed iis 7 and configured it and rebooted the system and tried to install .But now it shows this message "A part of this product is in an unhealthy state: Xcelerator Web"
    I am the administrator and i am using win 7 platform and trial version of cognos 9.5.
    I have similar problem in installing planner but i have successfully installed and woking with Reporter,Advisor ,Manager
    Silarly when i tried to launch query studio "You are not allowed to launch QueryStudio" is displayed

I am a new user to cognos and it would be great help if someone gives a solution!!!!!!!
  • Mona55
    Mona55
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-19T17:53:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

It seems that I am having the exact same problem. I cannot see any resolution- Is there an update?
    A part of this product is in an unhealthy state: Xcelerator Web
  • MABN_Artur_Bula
    MABN_Artur_Bula
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-01T09:35:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi

Have you managed to resolve this problem? If yes then please share the solution.

Thanks,

Artur
  • R0KT_Andrew_Carden
    R0KT_Andrew_Carden
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-09T14:58:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    You can add me to the list. Exactly the same issue. Is no one from IBM going to address this issue or has it been solved in another thread that I have not found? This thread is pretty old. I am really interested, as is my institution, with evaluating Cognos. If this version cannot be installed on my server, are there any other options available to me? Is there any way to get the 64-bit version to evaluate? Is that even the problem?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      214 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-10T02:58:49Z  in response to R0KT_Andrew_Carden
      Hi Andrew,

This is a bit of a general response as I don't know enough about your environment or the version of Cognos Express you are trying to install.

My recommendations at this stage are:
      • Confirm you installed the latest version (10.1.0) on a supported environment (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cx/v10r1m0/index.jsp)
      • Check the log files for any additional error messages (using the web link above navigate to Install > Managing IBM Cognos Express 10.1.0 > Troubleshooting IBM Cognos Express > Troubleshooting resources)
      • You could also try reinstalling the faulty component from within the Management screen

If you are able to post some additional information I am sure the Forum will be able to help you.

Hope this helps.

Rod