• 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2017-10-03T03:09:45Z by Raju Khanolkar
denfas
denfas
2 Posts

Pinned topic HAL ERROR when opening Report Studio

‏2011-05-23T09:16:11Z |
Hi,

After upgrading to C10.1 I get an error when opening my reports. It says HAL ERRROR String ID nor found: IDS_LBL_SUMMARIZE_APPLICATION. When clicking the OK button twice the report is opened in the studio.

We are using IE8 but the same error appears for IE6.

Do you have any suggestion how to solve the problem?

Regards,
Dennis
Updated on 2012-08-13T15:14:18Z at 2012-08-13T15:14:18Z by SystemAdmin
  • denfas
    denfas
    2 Posts

Re: HAL ERROR when opening Report Studio

‏2011-06-01T10:04:03Z  
    It works fine when using Firefox.
  • OpherB
    OpherB
    1203 Posts

‏2012-08-10T17:04:59Z  
    Does anyone have more information about resolving this issue? Now I'm getting it - SUDDENLY - after using IE on my personal laptop for weeks. Nothing changed in configuration, not even any background MSFT updates.

Using Firefox is not an option - client wants everything done in IE.

Thanks,
    Opher
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

‏2012-08-13T15:14:18Z  
    • OpherB
    • ‏2012-08-10T17:04:59Z
    Does anyone have more information about resolving this issue? Now I'm getting it - SUDDENLY - after using IE on my personal laptop for weeks. Nothing changed in configuration, not even any background MSFT updates.

Using Firefox is not an option - client wants everything done in IE.

Thanks,
    Opher
    I randomly get the same error with IE9, still unable to find a solution.
  • NSuhas
    NSuhas
    1 Post

‏2013-09-30T11:16:57Z  

Resetting IE settings normally resolves this issue. We add any required URL's to trusted sites again later.

Regards,

Suhas

• Nand
    Nand
    1 Post

‏2014-06-16T22:20:47Z  
    • NSuhas
    • ‏2013-09-30T11:16:57Z

Resetting IE settings normally resolves this issue. We add any required URL's to trusted sites again later.

Regards,

Suhas

Occasionally we get the same error with few active reports when used with 10.2.1 visualizations in it. I have raised a PMR, unable to reproduce the issue on samples because this error happens only when data keeps changing.

At last, I figured out the temporary solution by adding a dummy text item to the report, which resolves the issue for that day and still investigating for a permanent solution.

If the issue happens on different day again, then I will remove the dummy text item, save and run the report.

Regards

Anand

• harryibm
    harryibm
    26 Posts

‏2014-06-17T15:47:43Z  
    • Nand
    • ‏2014-06-16T22:20:47Z

Occasionally we get the same error with few active reports when used with 10.2.1 visualizations in it. I have raised a PMR, unable to reproduce the issue on samples because this error happens only when data keeps changing.

At last, I figured out the temporary solution by adding a dummy text item to the report, which resolves the issue for that day and still investigating for a permanent solution.

If the issue happens on different day again, then I will remove the dummy text item, save and run the report.

Regards

Anand

We get this error when session is expired. Reconnecting to the data source eliminates the issue.

• Raju Khanolkar
    Raju Khanolkar
    1 Post

‏2017-10-03T03:09:45Z  
    • denfas
    • ‏2011-06-01T10:04:03Z
    It works fine when using Firefox.

Hi,

I am trying on Cognos 10.1 on with Mozilla and I can start Report studio, but can't access anything, there is "!" sign on Left Top of report browser says Localhost connection is not secured.

Can anybody guide me?