• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-05-04T12:56:44Z by SystemAdmin
Osfitch
Osfitch
2 Posts

Pinned topic Web Gateway and DatabaseLogger questions

‏2011-05-04T01:51:55Z |
Hello,

Can the Web Gateway be deployed in a WAS cluster? Is that a supported configuration?

Also, when using the JEE DatabaseLogger, is it possible to deploy it in a WAS cluster? Therefore having
more than one instance running at the same time, all processing the full SYSTEM.FTE/Logs/# topics? The goal
here being to make the DatabaseLogger highly available.

Thanks,

O.
Updated on 2011-05-04T12:56:44Z at 2011-05-04T12:56:44Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    64 Posts

Re: Web Gateway and DatabaseLogger questions

‏2011-05-04T08:36:31Z  
    Unfortunately neither the Gateway nor the JEE DBLogger are supported/will work on a WAS cluster at the moment.

Also, there are no currently documented methods for making your DBLogger highly available (either JEE or stand alone).

The DBLogger doesn't technically need to be always available, you have a 'buffer' time of the size of the DBLogger's subscription to the audit messages. By default I believe this is a massive number (99999999 or something like that). As long as the DBLogger is restarted before that 'fills up' it should continue to store the data away into the database.
  • Osfitch
    Osfitch
    2 Posts

‏2011-05-04T10:11:52Z  
    Unfortunately neither the Gateway nor the JEE DBLogger are supported/will work on a WAS cluster at the moment.

Also, there are no currently documented methods for making your DBLogger highly available (either JEE or stand alone).

The DBLogger doesn't technically need to be always available, you have a 'buffer' time of the size of the DBLogger's subscription to the audit messages. By default I believe this is a massive number (99999999 or something like that). As long as the DBLogger is restarted before that 'fills up' it should continue to store the data away into the database.
    Thanks for the clarifications.

If the coordination queue manager is setup in multi-instance, wouldn't it be possible to define a MQ service to automatically start the DBLogger when the queue manager is started.

So on the active instance the DBLogger starts automatically, I am just not quite clear of what would happen on the standby instance and during the failover.

O.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    64 Posts

‏2011-05-04T12:56:44Z  
    • Osfitch
    • ‏2011-05-04T10:11:52Z
    Thanks for the clarifications.

If the coordination queue manager is setup in multi-instance, wouldn't it be possible to define a MQ service to automatically start the DBLogger when the queue manager is started.

So on the active instance the DBLogger starts automatically, I am just not quite clear of what would happen on the standby instance and during the failover.

O.
    I am not aware of anyone who has tried out that configuration. I think that the best way for you to get an official answer on what the best practice is in this area would be to talk to your IBM representative or raise a problem with IBM support.

Sorry I can't be of any more assistance.