• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-03-01T14:00:57Z by m_maximo
GalinaBLM
GalinaBLM
11 Posts

Pinned topic MEA : XSL map sample is needed

‏2009-08-28T13:37:14Z |
Greetings!
Can anybody provide me with a real example of XSL map that WORKS with one of the
MAXIMO out-of-the box interfaces?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Regards,
Galina.

P.S. We are running Maximo 6.2.1 on Solaris ( SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-52 sun4u
sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440) with WebLogic 8.1.4.
Updated on 2010-03-01T14:00:57Z at 2010-03-01T14:00:57Z by m_maximo
  • tseeling
    tseeling
    8 Posts

Re: MEA : XSL map sample is needed

‏2009-08-28T14:36:41Z  
    goto -> integration interface
    define a new interface or use an existing one
    add an outbound integration point
    under XSL map enter the XSL name in the format psdi.iface.xsl.mapping
    edit some parameters in the sample XSL file, e.g. insert your interface name
    call your XSL file mapping.xsl and put it in this path before building the EAR: applications/maximo/businessobjects/psdi/iface/xsl
    rebuild the EAR
    verify that the file is at the right place

# jar xf maximo.ear businessobjects.jar # jar tf businessobjects.jar |grep mapping psdi/iface/xsl/mapping.xsl

deploy the EAR
    touch a record the interface should output and watch your JMSSTORE/xmlfiles for output
    the sample.xsl is intended for incident, it does nothing except change the TICKETID tag to u_ticketid.
  • GalinaBLM
    GalinaBLM
    11 Posts

‏2009-08-28T19:19:53Z  
    • tseeling
    • ‏2009-08-28T14:36:41Z
    goto -> integration interface
    define a new interface or use an existing one
    add an outbound integration point
    under XSL map enter the XSL name in the format psdi.iface.xsl.mapping
    edit some parameters in the sample XSL file, e.g. insert your interface name
    call your XSL file mapping.xsl and put it in this path before building the EAR: applications/maximo/businessobjects/psdi/iface/xsl
    rebuild the EAR
    verify that the file is at the right place

<pre class="jive-pre"> # jar xf maximo.ear businessobjects.jar # jar tf businessobjects.jar |grep mapping psdi/iface/xsl/mapping.xsl </pre>

deploy the EAR
    touch a record the interface should output and watch your JMSSTORE/xmlfiles for output
    the sample.xsl is intended for incident, it does nothing except change the TICKETID tag to u_ticketid.
    Thank you for your answer! I posted my question while waiting for the answer from IBM. To my surprise, they contacted me and gave me the sample files ( see XSL.zip in attachment): XMLs as well as XSL maps for inbound and outbound transformations. It's working example for MXITEMInterface interface.
    Side note: if you are using WebLogic as your webserver, you can put your XSL map file into WebLogic domain directory and refer it just by name in XSL mapping field of your interface. It dramatically expedite your development time, because you don't need to rebuild and redeploy EAR file.
    Thank you again for your time!

Attachments

• m_maximo
    m_maximo
    64 Posts

‏2010-03-01T14:00:57Z  
    • GalinaBLM
    • ‏2009-08-28T19:19:53Z
    Thank you for your answer! I posted my question while waiting for the answer from IBM. To my surprise, they contacted me and gave me the sample files ( see XSL.zip in attachment): XMLs as well as XSL maps for inbound and outbound transformations. It's working example for MXITEMInterface interface.
    Side note: if you are using WebLogic as your webserver, you can put your XSL map file into WebLogic domain directory and refer it just by name in XSL mapping field of your interface. It dramatically expedite your development time, because you don't need to rebuild and redeploy EAR file.
    Thank you again for your time!
    Dear,GalinaBLM
    Referring to your answer above can you please guide me with how to use this XSL file
    Thanks and best regards