21 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-01-21T22:05:48Z by Lloyd_vdk
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6042 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic IWAE0034E Could not open the nested archive

‏2005-03-07T13:01:34Z |
Hi Guys,
I have this nagging error which keep on showing on my console. It seems like certain jars files RAD tries to open which I have already removed from EAR...project compiles and works fine...but everytime I try to start the server RAD is trying to load these old jar files which are no longer in use...

Does anyone know how to clean these messages already tried (del) log files but these mesg are new

Exception that I get : com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.exception.OpenFailureException:

Thanks
Andy
Updated on 2010-01-21T22:05:48Z at 2010-01-21T22:05:48Z by Lloyd_vdk
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6042 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IWAE0034E Could not open the nested archive

‏2005-03-24T15:16:06Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I had the same problem. Can anyone help us to get it resolved? thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6042 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-04-14T06:35:24Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    We had the same problem, but it went away when we updated the RAD, included the missing project again and removed it once more.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6042 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-09-27T18:36:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Andy,

Did you ever have this issue resolved? I'm working with RAD6 and WAS6.0.2 and have received the same error after removing a .jar file from my ear.

com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.exception.OpenFailureException: IWAE0034E Could not open the nested archive "file name".

Thanks,
    Jeff

> Hi Guys,
    > I have this nagging error which keep on
    > h keep on showing on my console. It seems like
    > certain jars files RAD tries to open which I have
    > already removed from EAR...project compiles and works
    > fine...but everytime I try to start the server RAD is
    > trying to load these old jar files which are no
    > longer in use...
    >
    > Does anyone know how to clean these messages already
    > tried (del) log files but these mesg are new
    >
    > Exception that I get :
    > com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.exception.OpenFa
    > ilureException:
    >
    > Thanks
    > Andy
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6042 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-09-30T12:51:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Having the exact same problem. Anyone out there who can help us out?

Thanks,
    Dmitriy
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6042 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-09-30T13:01:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      dmitriyfrolov@optonline.net wrote:

>Having the exact same problem. Anyone out there who can help us out?
      >
      >Thanks,
      >Dmitriy
      >
      >
      WAGs:

Try removing the application from the server and then re-adding it.
      One of the MANIFEST.MF files in the other modules may have a pointer to
      this .jar.

Ken
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        6042 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-10-07T14:08:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        > One of the MANIFEST.MF files in the other modules may
        > have a pointer to
        > this .jar.

Same problem here.
        I've searched the workspace for the name of the JAR file - it's only referred to from some javadoc xml files. This can't be the reason.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          6042 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-11-09T03:03:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          I have that problem too. I had it a couple of months ago. I think I created a new workspace and it went away, but don't want to do that again.

Anyone solved this problem another way?

I've searched the workspace for some cached info, and there's a folder in .metadata called looseconfigurations, which contains deployed projects and their libraries. For my project, there's a file named looseconfig.xmi, with a reference to the deleted jar.
          I can delete this file and restart RAD6, but the file gets created again, with the old jar still in there.

It seems that RAD6 is copying the projects over to the WAS test server. This is time consuming for big projects.
          Wouldn't it be smarter if WAS could reference a project in the workspace?
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            6042 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2005-11-27T08:01:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Same problem here. I can shed a little light on the looseconfig.xml -- it's created for the purpose of implementing Project Utility Jars, e.g. projects that get automatically jarred up in the EAR so we don't have to keep rebuilding them and inserting them. Perhaps it isn't refreshing quite right. Techstaff??
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              6042 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-02-20T01:34:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              I guess it will be fixed in RAD 6.0.1.1 iFix001.
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                6042 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-08-18T18:04:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                Removing the offending jar entry from the looseconfig.xmi file then restarting the application server worked for me. In my particular case I found an old copy of a MANIFEST.MF file in .metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.ws.rapiddeploy.websphere\installed_apps\server_952580336\, so I updated this as well.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6042 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2006-11-01T02:18:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I fixed this issue by:
    1) Make sure no such a reference to the deleted jaf files in Manifest.mf
    2) Remove all the history files under \.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.history\
    3) Remove the file \.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects[peoject name]\.syncinfo

And then stop the server and restart the WID and test server, it has gone :)
    Hope it could help you also.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6042 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-06-06T18:39:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      1) Make sure no such a reference to the deleted jaf files in Manifest.mf
      2) Remove all the history files under \.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.history\
      3) Remove the file \.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects[peoject name]\.syncinfo

And then stop the server and restart the WID and test server, it has gone

This technique worked for me as well. Thanks a lot.

Regards
      Ashish
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        6042 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-06-07T02:36:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        I use RAD 7.0.0.2 and I still get this problem. I have a complex project with loads of JAR files (over 100), and periodically I need to refresh them. Sometimes some of the names change (versioned JAR files), but most of them stay the same.

This seems to work for me:

• Highlight all the active projects in my workspace
        • Right-click (on one of the highlighted projects) | REFRESH
        • Right-click (on one of the highlighted projects) | Update EAR Libraries

This just happened again to me 2 hours ago. After I did the above I still got tons of error messages in the console but the app deployed (the errors probably referred to the older, stale JAR files). Even with all the stale errors, I was able to work on my app. After a few rounds of undeploy and redeploy of my EAR file, all the errors just went away.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          6042 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IWAE0034E Could not open the nested archive (Driving me crazy!)

‏2007-09-03T13:50:28Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Since I replaced my own utility.jar in the EAR (covering 2 modules), i get nothing but above errors on the utility.jar.

Tried suggestions which worked for other users without any luck.

Working with WDSCi 7.0.2
          Application was originally written with WDSCi 6 for WAS5.1 which uses java1.4
          I already tried to convert and recompile all with java5.0 but it doesn't help either.

any suggestion welcome!
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            6042 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-09-14T14:03:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            The above steps worked for me as well. However, I ran a full-text search for the name of the respective *.jar files and it turned out that the names were also contained in various other files, even binary ones. I deleted them as well.
            Hopefully that works for you too!
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              6042 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-09-21T07:59:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              In my situation these files are not to be removed! The problem started after updating this jar-files (added classes in it) and replacing them in this project.
          • Lloyd_vdk
            Lloyd_vdk
            1 Post
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-21T22:05:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            We, too, have been driven crazy by this.
            We solved it (RAD 7) by:
            1) Removing the nested project dependencies and adding the jars to the classpath.
            2) Publishing...which now worked.
            3) Changing the project back...by removing the jars from the classpath and adding the dependent projects back in.
            4) Publishing...which now worked correctly.

We build the project with Maven, so I actually performed step 1 by changing our pom.xml to <useProjectReferences>false</useProjectReferences>, cleaned up using "mvn eclipse:rad-clean eclipse:clean", and manually removed the .settings directory. Then rebuilt the eclipse project with "mvn eclipse:rad".
            It is worth noting that the command line flag to stop project references DOES NOT work in the maven eclipse plugin we have. You have to change the value in the pom.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6042 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2007-12-06T08:36:38Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Andy I am Praveen from India,I am also getting the same problem what u faced initially(IWAE0034E Could not open the nested archive).How u resolved this problem?
    This is what i am getting in my log files:

• ERROR ***: Thu Dec 06 12:12:08 IST 2007 com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.exception.OpenFailureException: IWAE0034E Could not open the nested archive "scheduling.jar" in "D:\workspace\AMEEAR"

java.io.FileNotFoundException: IWAE0036E URI Name: D:\workspace\AMEEAR\lib\scheduling.jar; File name: D:\workspace\AMEEAR\lib\scheduling.jar
    at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.impl.CommonarchiveFactoryImpl.createLoadStrategy(CommonarchiveFactoryImpl.java:299)
    at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.impl.CommonarchiveFactoryImpl.openNestedArchive(CommonarchiveFactoryImpl.java:652)
    at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.impl.ArchiveImpl.openNestedArchive(ArchiveImpl.java:1119)
    at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.impl.EARFileImpl.openNestedArchive(EARFileImpl.java:602)
    at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.strategy.LoadStrategyImpl.openNestedArchive(LoadStrategyImpl.java:452)
    at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.strategy.LoadStrategyImpl.collectFilesFromLooseArchives(LoadStrategyImpl.java:289)
    at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.strategy.LoadStrategyImpl.collectFiles(LoadStrategyImpl.java:269)
    at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.impl.ContainerImpl.getFiles(ContainerImpl.java:221)
    at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.impl.ContainerImpl.getFile(ContainerImpl.java:183)
    at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.impl.ModuleRefImpl.initModuleFileFromEAR(ModuleRefImpl.java:115)
    at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.impl.ModuleRefImpl.getModuleFile(ModuleRefImpl.java:98)
    at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.impl.EARFileImpl.getModuleFile(EARFileImpl.java:90)
    at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.impl.EARFileImpl.getDeploymentDescriptor(EARFileImpl.java:322)
    at com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.impl.ModuleRefImpl.getDeploymentDescriptor(ModuleRefImpl.java:206)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedModuleImpl.open(DeployedModuleImpl.java:228)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedModuleImpl.initialize(DeployedModuleImpl.java:421)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.initializeModule(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:983)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.initialize(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:497)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.initialize(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:296)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.initializeApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:246)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.initializeApplications(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:471)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.initializeApplications(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:406)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.start(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:349)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.startComponents(ContainerImpl.java:821)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.start(ContainerImpl.java:649)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationServerImpl.start(ApplicationServerImpl.java:149)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.startComponents(ContainerImpl.java:821)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.start(ContainerImpl.java:649)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:356)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServerImpl.bootServerContainer(WsServerImpl.java:173)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServerImpl.start(WsServerImpl.java:120)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServerImpl.main(WsServerImpl.java:378)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.main(WsServer.java:50)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:391)
    Please give me ur valuable suggestions....................

with regards
    Praveen Kumar CH
    email: praveenkumar.ch@cognizant.com

Message was edited by: Solution
    Updated on 2007-12-06T08:36:38Z at 2007-12-06T08:36:38Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6042 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-05-13T21:20:44Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    In my case it was reporting for apache.jar and I searched through all dependent projects and could not find it there, but later found it in project file after a search.

I am using WID and Websphere process server.

-dsn
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6042 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2008-06-27T08:12:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hey guys,

i have the same problem! My workarround is to create a new EAR-File and map the new EAR against the old one in
    the CVS! I've tried this workarround multiple times! It's the best way if you can't upgrade to the latest RAD-Fix level!

Hope this help's anyboby!

Greets,
    Florian