IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-12-19T08:57:13Z by DBritton
DBritton
DBritton
3 Posts

Pinned topic A fresh approach to PL/I application deployment.

‏2011-12-02T13:43:13Z |

It says "Micro Focus Studio and Server Enterprise Edition provide a new, low-risk alternative when considering your modernization options for your PL/I application portfolios. It avoids the need to rewrite, convert or replace the mature PL/I applications which deliver unique competitive advantage to your business."

It also has a dedicated page giving details, demo videos, white papers and data sheets.
Updated on 2011-12-19T08:57:13Z at 2011-12-19T08:57:13Z by DBritton
  • DerekBritton
    DerekBritton
    1 Post

Re: A fresh approach to PL/I application deployment.

‏2011-12-05T17:08:27Z  
     Note the related customer story, entitled "Intersistemi Helps Leading Italian Bank Save €3m with PL/I Application Migration", can be found here.

A brief extract -  

"By utilising Micro Focus Server Enterprise Edition for PL/I, Intersistemi helped the bank migrate several applications. These included customer administration, contract management and documentation printing applications, as well as core management systems including financial management and market analysis, and dynamic transaction processing management. The applications comprised of several hundred programs and over 1.1 million lines of PL/I code which had evolved over decades. The migration process took just eight months from project kickoff to start of system testing, with applications promoted to production and delivering value some five weeks later".
  • DBritton
    DBritton
    3 Posts

Re: A fresh approach to PL/I application deployment.

‏2011-12-19T08:57:13Z  
     Note the related customer story, entitled "Intersistemi Helps Leading Italian Bank Save €3m with PL/I Application Migration", can be found here.

A brief extract -  

"By utilising Micro Focus Server Enterprise Edition for PL/I, Intersistemi helped the bank migrate several applications. These included customer administration, contract management and documentation printing applications, as well as core management systems including financial management and market analysis, and dynamic transaction processing management. The applications comprised of several hundred programs and over 1.1 million lines of PL/I code which had evolved over decades. The migration process took just eight months from project kickoff to start of system testing, with applications promoted to production and delivering value some five weeks later".
    Given a lot of recent news and interest in PL/I, the views of real PL/I experts are being sought to understand interest in the future of this language.  
    If you are part of the PL/I community, why not have your say at http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22E3WKBCFKG