• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-09T21:01:05Z by andrea.turli
Yoramweinreb
Yoramweinreb
5 Posts

Pinned topic NoMoreFloatingIps error

‏2013-05-01T14:24:59Z |

Hi,

I am using the Openstack REST api to create a server instance which works fine.

I later try to allocate a floating IP to this server instance and I receive the following error:

{"itemNotFound": {"message": "NoMoreFloatingIps_Remote: Zero floating ips available.\n
 Traceback (most recent call last):\n\n  File \"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nova/openstack/common/rpc/amqp.py\",
 line 276, in _process_data\n    rval = self.proxy.dispatch(ctxt, version, method, **args)\n\n  
 File \"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nova/openstack/common/rpc/dispatcher.py\", line 145, in dispatch\n    
 return getattr(proxyobj, method)(ctxt, **kwargs)\n\n  
 File \"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nova/network/manager.py\", line 266, in wrapped\n    
 return func(self, context, *args, **kwargs)\n\n  File \"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nova/network/manager.py\",
  line 450, in allocate_floating_ip\n    QUOTAS.rollback(context, reservations)\n\n  File \"/usr/lib64/python2.6/contextlib.py\", line 23, in __exit__\n    self.gen.next()\n\n  File \"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nova/network/manager.py\", line 437, in allocate_floating_ip\n    pool)\n\n  File \"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nova/db/api.py\", line 269, in floating_ip_allocate_address\n    return IMPL.floating_ip_allocate_address(context, project_id, pool)\n\n  File \"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nova/db/sqlalchemy/api.py\", line 129, in wrapper\n    return f(*args, **kwargs)\n\n  File \"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nova/db/sqlalchemy/api.py\", line 715, in floating_ip_allocate_address\n    raise exception.NoMoreFloatingIps()\n\nNoMoreFloatingIps: Zero floating ips available.\n", "code": 404}}

This was working for me before.

Is there something I need to do on my side or is it an indication of a global shortage of IPs to allocate?

Regards,

Yoram

• Onnie
    Onnie
    17 Posts

Re: NoMoreFloatingIps error

‏2013-05-03T15:35:21Z  

We have added more floating IPs into the pool. We were very low and that could have been causing the issue. They should be available in the next couple of hours.

Also check and ensure your IPs are not above the quota limits for your OpenStack project allocation.

• andrea.turli
    andrea.turli
    16 Posts

‏2013-05-07T16:34:30Z  
    • Onnie
    • ‏2013-05-03T15:35:21Z

We have added more floating IPs into the pool. We were very low and that could have been causing the issue. They should be available in the next couple of hours.

Also check and ensure your IPs are not above the quota limits for your OpenStack project allocation.

Omnie,

we are still having problems (only 1 floating IPs available) on our project "Pentland", on yellow zone.

Can you help us?

Thanks,
    Andrea

• jose.reyes
    jose.reyes
    16 Posts

‏2013-05-09T17:00:58Z  

Omnie,

we are still having problems (only 1 floating IPs available) on our project "Pentland", on yellow zone.

Can you help us?

Thanks,
    Andrea

Hi Andrea,

10 is the max quantity of floating IPs a project could have, but right now there are not enough IPs for all the projects.

We are working on adding more IPs to the pool, I'll keep you posted whenever we have more available.

Regards!

J Reyes

• andrea.turli
    andrea.turli
    16 Posts

‏2013-05-09T21:01:05Z  

Hi Andrea,

10 is the max quantity of floating IPs a project could have, but right now there are not enough IPs for all the projects.

We are working on adding more IPs to the pool, I'll keep you posted whenever we have more available.

Regards!

J Reyes

Thanks Jose!