Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
28 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-02-02T09:48:08Z by nishchal
sarim
sarim
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic TGMC Alumni Experience

‏2010-09-05T09:36:01Z |
 Hello,

As a TGMC Alumnus, share your experiences of the times when you participated in TGMC earlier, things which got you ahead of the competition and mistakes which you would not like to go through again!

We learn what we see, hear, discuss, experience and teach...Go ahead and post your comments here along with your name, year in which you have participated and your team name.

Updated on 2012-02-02T09:48:08Z at 2012-02-02T09:48:08Z by nishchal
  • AbhishekPatel
    AbhishekPatel
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TGMC Alumni Experience

‏2010-09-05T10:17:15Z  in response to sarim
    Hello everyone, 
    I am Abhishek Patel, participated in TGMC 2008 with the Team "The Aesthetes" for the Project "The Chess Master's Club".

The point where we were strong which let us go further is the Co ordination of the Team Members, so do keep the team intact, also working together leads to very high level of FUN.

Also we were in contact with the Academic Initiative for our any kind of problem whenever it arose right at that time.And thus we got our problem solved. 

The point due to which we could not reach to the place where we could is working with many things other than TGMC..which ultimately lead to the late study of some technologies required in TGMC and in short period we finally tried to complete.

Do study all the required technologies before only and always ask for the solution whenever you get some problem with the software, technology, study material, fix pack, etc...

I hope my post will help you for the project...Good luck for all the participants... 
    • PR4V33N
      PR4V33N
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-07T05:26:24Z  in response to AbhishekPatel
       I am Praveen Salitra, presently at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA pursuing my MS in Computer Engineering.

I participated in TGMC twice.. in 2008 and 2009 when I was doing my Engineering from Shri Vaishnav Institute of Technology and Science, Indore MP.
       And both the times my team was able to climb upto Top 20 teams of India and received prizes at Bangalore felicitations..
      The exposure that TGMC has provided me, I would be thankful for that all my life. 
      I would not been here if I hadnt participated in TGMC..

Well, coming to basics.. few most important things are:
      1. Choose ur team members wisely. Find like minded and competitive friends. Competitive in the sense that as a team, all its members should be able to understand the concept and thinking of each other. Every member should be almost at same level of expertise.

2. Choose ur project synopsis after going through thorough analysis.. If I tell my story, we chose the topics which were necessary for the modernization of society.
      In TGMC 08 we chose.. GSM Based Remote Monitoring and Billing and concentrated around Electricity Board of a State. While in TGMC 09, we chose E-COPS. again related to E-Governance concept.. Hence, both of this were related to society and were feasible in current environment.

3. Prepare hard on initial phase.. i.e. Analysis and Design part. Construct right database schema,  ER diagrams and other UML diagrams. Prepare a good SRS and SDS. Use IBM Rational Architect if u can.

4. Most important thing.. use only IBM technologies..

5. If u can include some other functional requirements, do that. But first of all, u should complete the mentioned ones.

6. Prepare a nice and logically correct user interface.. Try to use AJAX in that. Use every part of screen or as much as u can.

7. Work hard on ur Database and its structure.

8. Use some advanced concepts like pdf report generations, SMS technologies (if it requires) etc.

9. Be on time.. Well, u may not be able to complete ur project in specified time restrictions, but atleast send the project till specified dates to IBM.

10. Attend trainings seriously if u r provided with.

11. Remember one thing.. TGMC has changed my life.. It was TGMC that made me literally fly. I aboard my first two planes just because of TGMC to attend felicitation.
      Work hard. Before I came across TGMC, I wasnt even aware of the difference between JSP and JavaScript. Bt today, I have been able to complete most of the web technologies. Those two TGMC projects have definitely increased value of my resume.

Think Professional when working on projects.

Thats it..
      Sometime a smallest decision can change ur life..
      Enjjyy...
      Best of luck to all TGMC10 teams..

Proud to be part of the TGMC..

Praveen Salitra
      MS Student
      University of Florida
      Gainesville, FL, USA
      • nishchal
        nishchal
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-07T16:16:39Z  in response to PR4V33N
        hello all TGMCians,

At first thanks to TGMC team  to provide us for sharing our experience.
        I am Nikhil Nishchal (from Sobhasaria Engg. college, sikar, Raj.). Now working as a Software Engg. in Componence.

To TGMC.

Its Really Great Opportunity provided by you. I participated in 2008 and 2009 but i was selected in first round only.
        We have learned so many thing due to TGMC . TGMC workshop was so  interesting.
        I didn't know anything about J2EE even more in java when i started , but there was a zeal to work with TGMC.

To Participant:

Before start never think what we get or spend . just u think what u will learn. Sometimes we got somany things individually which is more than any physical thing. We got through TGMC , a good network to share our views and learn so many thing from IBM mentors.  With technical knowledge I also get confidence high up and a great bush-up of zeal.
         As a participant we always dream as a winner, but to win it needs a better plan too.

1.       So u makes a good team , so that all team member should understand and cooperate  each other. Devide task and makes a timeline based plane to complete it within a time limit.

2.       Learn all IBM tools , and also do molding and designing part with IBM tools avoid using any licensee product like MS. Word.

3.       In DB2 try to use it in optimized way , you can create hybrid database.

4.       Try to gather  more and more about IBM tools and use them , Use Ajax more than that if u can try to use some better framework like struts.

ALL THE BEST to all participant , Makes TGMC bigger and awesome with your full effort.
        • divigct
          divigct
          2 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-27T06:49:04Z  in response to nishchal
           Hi,could u help me in my project.......
      • indra00
        indra00
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-08T07:36:20Z  in response to PR4V33N
         thnx for the post man.

Can u specify that , in what way did  TGMC helpd u in Carrer ........ ????

• nishchal
          nishchal
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-02T09:48:08Z  in response to indra00
           The first and best thing about such activity is that we can explore our self and get platform to think broader than our bookish study.
          In career, If you got a good grip on such  project in college it help you lots in industry while doing other project.

• KKrishnaKarthik
    KKrishnaKarthik
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-13T13:04:31Z  in response to sarim
    Hi everybody, I am Chaitanya, I participated in TGMC 2008-09 and went to state level presentation under the project "Your own Scenario/Online Library Management". I was very happy at the time when I got selected.

The judges receiving at the working model presentation was very cool, and freshers!!!!, you need not feel tensed or worried, they are really cool, they will receive you very well.

However my project was not selected to the nationals, thats my first time I participated and got selected.

At that time I only know about servlets and jsps, I dont know ajax and basically we concentrated on the database and coding, we did not concentrate on the look and feel of the application. So they dint choose our project and I now know these technologies.

After then I got recognized very well, I was then placed in to an electronics core company named AbhinavaTechnologies.com where I was trained as a jr. java programmer and my job was to work on devices such as RFIDs, GSM modems, Scroll boards etc.

I feel proud that I have made justice to my Bachelors degree because my first project named "RFID based employee attendance system" was successfully deployed in a company called metanica soft solns at B'lore.

This all was possible with IBM TGMC, I really thank these people.

If anyone want any examples or guidance you can mail me at kittu_564@yahoo.in, I am always ready to guide you people.

I can provide guidance on 
    • connection pooling
    • AJAX
    • Java Script
    • MVC
    • MVC-B architecture
    • JSTL
    • el.
    • https (simulation)
    • data base designing
    • sql queries
    And my suggestion to all developers is to use JSTL and el instead on scriptlets, because scriptlets in jsps is a 1999 style of coding, and I am not saying that I am parallel to the technology, however now a day, people use jsf, hibernate which are very much advanced, I donno these. 
    • shounak2010
      shounak2010
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-27T07:57:41Z  in response to KKrishnaKarthik
       Hi, I have chosen Online Job Portal as my TGMC project. In the project, one condition is stated as :
      Secure registration and Login facilities for both Job Seeker as well as Employer.
       I have SSL encrypted the localhost :  https://localhost:8400/
      that means the whole website is SSL encrypted. 

So, I don't need to separately secure the registration and login facilities, am I wrong ?
      Please advise me . 

• KKrishnaKarthik
        KKrishnaKarthik
        6 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-27T10:29:26Z  in response to shounak2010
         You can implement SSL at application level or for few pages only, it depends on the definition you have given.
         check this link
        http://techtracer.com/2007/09/12/setting-up-ssl-on-tomcat-in-3-easy-steps/ 
        Updated on 2010-10-27T10:29:26Z at 2010-10-27T10:29:26Z by KKrishnaKarthik
        • sudhanshu_sunny
          sudhanshu_sunny
          1 Post
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-11-10T17:54:04Z  in response to KKrishnaKarthik
          but i've read in frw books of network security tht..ssl is in b/w application and transport level 
          and shttp is applied at application level.. 
          plz clarify my doubt.. 
    • SumitDahiya
      SumitDahiya
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-12-19T14:56:14Z  in response to KKrishnaKarthik
  • mahitarun
    mahitarun
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-12T12:21:39Z  in response to sarim
    Hello all TGMCians,
    I am Tarun Goyal. I participated in TGMC 2007-08 and selected amont top 20 teams of TGMC. 
    I am currently working in TCS as Java developer.
    We have learned so many thing due to TGMC. TGMC workshop was so  interesting.I didn't know anything about J2EE. But TGMC work as a teacher for me. It help me to improve my technical skill.
    To be sucessfull in TGMC choose your team right.

and more thing if you got selected in final round and got a IBM TGMC certificate plz these certificate does not help you getting job even IBM has no value for this. Only the knowledge you gain help in your career.

Tarun Goyal
     Software Developer 
     TCS. 

• This reply was deleted by EverythingisPossible 2010-11-09T13:14:13Z.
    • EverythingisPossible
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-11-09T13:18:30Z  in response to mahitarun
       Hi Tarun Goyal,

i am Rohith, 
      from Bangalore,  i am chosen a project on Virtual Classroom System...
      can u support me with that.... 

if i have any doubt with it........
      • mahitarun
        mahitarun
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-11-20T06:42:38Z  in response to EverythingisPossible
         Hi rohit what type of help u want. 
        • EverythingisPossible
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-12-11T18:18:14Z  in response to mahitarun
           Hi Tarun,

i am bit confused about, 
          how to make effective synopsis....

can u help out with it...... 

Regards 
           Rohith 
    • divigct
      divigct
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-27T06:46:19Z  in response to mahitarun
       Hi, iam divya. My project is 'Card based voting' system.I have submitted my synopsis, my next step is to start up my project.But actually to say i am not fully wellversed in software technologies, will u pls guide me......
      • mahitarun
        mahitarun
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-28T04:10:27Z  in response to divigct
         HI Divya what type of help u want 2 need this is my id (mahi.tarun.goyal@gmail.com u can contact me on this.

Tarun Goyal
         Software Developer 
         TCS. 

• sudhakarpadam
          sudhakarpadam
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-30T11:33:10Z  in response to mahitarun
           sir,
           give me suggestion about   online marketing project?
          i feel difficult in using ibm software bt in tgme we must use tbm sf's
          give me better suggestion

• sudhakarpadam
      sudhakarpadam
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-11-30T11:31:25Z  in response to mahitarun
       sir give suggetion about onlinemarkeng project.

• Saurabh.Saxena
    Saurabh.Saxena
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-07-09T07:46:59Z  in response to sarim
     Hi All,

My name is Saurabh Saxena. Now I am working with one of the IBM business partner, its all beacuse of TGMC. For software development ,its very important to make the software architecture stable and simple. Those guys who are new , try MVC, JSF. Apart from this go for OSGI, SOA based architectures and so on. Try to search on ibm developerworks,info centre, IBM support assistant. From these, you will get enough information to build a complex software in an easy way. 

Try to become strong in basic :)

Regards,
    Saurabh Saxena
    (IBM Blue Scholar)
    • KrishnaChaitanyafromJNTUMSIT
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-12T17:24:14Z  in response to Saurabh.Saxena
       Hii,

This is Krishna Chaitanya presently pursuing masters in JNTU,Hyderabad..I want to know what is the recruitment process to be as a  IBM Blue Scholar.
      please mail me  at krishchaitanya32@gmail.com
  • agarwal_1991
    agarwal_1991
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TGMC Alumni Experience 2010

‏2011-07-14T16:13:24Z  in response to sarim
     Good Evening!

FACE TO FACE EXPERIENCE

Hey, Akash Gupta here. I am a final year student. You would remember , we just show cased our project on Internet Banking System (Team name : KmitStalwarts) in front of you today and I must say it was a very great experience all of us would remember ! Both of you people (Sir and Ma'am) made us feel so good by understanding our project, listening to everything and I would say ,an interaction with Sir for few minutes at the end of session about various IBM products and upcoming technologies was really good which helped us gain knowledge.

HOW TGMC HAS HELPED?

IBM TGMC  has helped us learnig about new IBM products, various technologies, implementing these technologies in a proper way and helping us achieve professionalism and problem solving! I must say , I came to know about this project through my college and I participated in 2009 too, but didn't get through 1st round of it. Now this year (2010) as we were selected for the face to face round, it was a good experience and every engineer must experience such thing once in their life.

I feel very comfortable working with JSP's and coding, me and one of our team member is good at designing the pages, the other two handle Database and Application Server respectively. Overall it was a great team effort to complete the project in time. All thanks to my team mates.

THANKS TO TGMC

TGMC has been a great initiative taken by IBM to inculcate professionalism among students, not just the technical aspect but also making their projects an industry standard project. I just hope we get through and get a chance to learn and compete more!

TEAM DETAILS :

AKASH GUPTA (+919701514716) (agarwal_1991@yahoo.co.in)
    KALVA NIKHIL
    ALLAM MADHURI
    SAKSHI GUPTA
    • deepaganu
      deepaganu
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TGMC Alumni Experience 2010

‏2011-12-06T08:57:33Z  in response to agarwal_1991
       Hi EveryOne ,
      This is mentor Deep Ganu from KMIT , I have been with tgmc from last three years and have seen it grow enormously . The great thing about it is it gives soul to the theory we study in our curriculum. It makes you feel what effort has gone into getting one web page in production . The organizers and the judges are very helpful encouraging and fair. I hope this continues for a long time to come
  • P.VenkatRao
    P.VenkatRao
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

srs submission data

‏2011-12-26T15:26:34Z  in response to sarim
     frnd what is the last date of submitting project srs .............please reply me
  • P.VenkatRao
    P.VenkatRao
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

srs submission date

‏2011-12-26T15:26:35Z  in response to sarim
     frnd what is the last date of submitting project srs .............please reply me
  • utkarsh_singh
    utkarsh_singh
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-03T00:15:43Z  in response to sarim
     Hi sarim .
    it's nice to hear from you. But can you help me from  the problems that i am facing in the installations of the softwares
     I am facing the following problem when I am trying to connect the eclipse with the WASCE 2.1.1.5 on my Windows 7 sp1 pentium i3 processor. when it try to start the server after the installation of WASCE 2.1.1.5 from eclipse by adding the server.

An internal error occurred during: "Starting server - IBM WASCE v2.1 Server at localhost".
    org/eclipse/debug/core/ILaunchConfiguration.hasAttribute(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

Please help me out with the problem as early as possible 
  • kumargowrav
    kumargowrav
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-01T02:07:10Z  in response to sarim
     when is the last date for srs submission for tmgc 2011

please tell me the correct information

thanks   regards,
    gowrav