Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2014-08-19T18:25:03Z by Bill_Buros
PowerLinuxFAQ
PowerLinuxFAQ
18 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Setting up two (or more) default gateways multiple NICs on a single system

‏2014-08-19T13:49:01Z |

I am trying to setup multiple NICs attached to separate gateways attached externally.    It's not easily clear how to setup different default gateways for each of the NICs being setup.

I found some good generic links and articles, but nothing specific to my RHEL 6.4 system on Power.

>> Can someone provide me with specific advice for Linux on Power?

RJ Systems states: "Linux has very advanced routing, filtering and traffic shaping options. Here is how to configure a system with two default routes."....."With advanced routing, you can have as many routing tables as you want."

• Bill_Buros
    Bill_Buros
    151 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Setting up two (or more) default gateways multiple NICs on a single system

‏2014-08-19T18:25:03Z  in response to PowerLinuxFAQ

This should be no different in setup characteristics than on an x86 system (or other platform).  

There is nothing unique about Power and the adapters for POWER systems and Linux.