I was asked this recently, and my reply was
- Make sure broker has enough CPU and does not swap
- Check the LE storage statistics eg heappools and stacksizes and tune as recommendations using RTPSTG
- It does little file system access, Ive never had to tune the file system.
- Some products use DB2 tables so check the buffer pool stats and that this performs well.
- I remember something about caching the ODBC statements in DB2 - I cant remember the details but this is should be very common knowledge
- Check MQ logs are striped (4 stripes) and on fast DASD
- Make sure the MQ buffer pools no not get above 65% full.
For some message broker specific stuff