IBM Fix Central - updated this week based on your feedback
Earlier this week, IBM significantly updated IBM Fix Central
with improvements to make this worldwide one-stop site for updates for all IBM products even more effective and useful for our clients. Some are requests from our clients, others are redesigns to improve our clients' efficiency in finding the information they need. Here's a quick rundown of new capabilities to look for.
- Click on the image to the right for a full-size version of screen captures highlighting this week's updates.
- Numerous improvements to Fix Central architecture and navigation, designed to improve the user experience
- "Fix Finder" pilot
- Multiple User Interface Updates
- Improved search interface on the Fix Central homepage and "Select fixes" pages
- You can pull up your IBM product instantly by typing its initial characters in the "Find product" tab, instead of wading through a lengthy list of product names.
- IBM has also added a "Search Fix Central" option to the home page, allowing users a fast path to find fixes directly by product name, keyword or fix reference #.
- New "My product history" takes you to the Fix Central page for looking up updates, with the previously selected product, version and platform pre-filled.
- New "My download history" area on the Fix Central home page stores links to your most recent downloads.
- Easily filter long lists of fixes based on platform, version, or other criteria on the Fix Central Select Fixes page.
- IBM has made multiple refinements to Fix Central's search features, resulting in a wider answer set and a user experience identical the IBM Support Portal's search functions.
- IBM has also refined how product release levels are selected and removed some confusing terminology from several screens.
- Fewer overall screens to get to your downloads.
- "Fix Finder" pilot
- New "Inventory upload" button in the left nav of Fix Central.
- Now clients will be able to use the IBM Support Assistant (ISA) Data Collector to upload their system's products and versions.
- This new feature will then show all relevant fixes for their system environment automatically!
To experience these recent updates, visit IBM Fix Central
or link to IBM Fix Central from the IBM Support Portal's Download page
by selecting fix links in the "Download and fixes" module..
To submit feedback on these updates, visit the IBM Fix Central
site and select the "Feedback" link in the left column.