IBM Fix Central Sign-In Updates
At the end of January, IBM made changes to IBM Fix Central
with improvements to make this worldwide one-stop site for updates for all IBM products even more effective and useful for our clients.
- An IBM ID will now be required to download fixes for a majority of IBM products
- Starting on January 31, clients accessing Fix Central will require an IBM ID to download fixes for all products (except selected Networking, SAN and System x products). This extends the requirement beyond the November 13, 2011 announcement which included AIX and VIOS.
- Registration for an IBM ID is a quick and simple process and will provide users with a customized experience to better serve their needs. Fix Central downloads are available only for IBM clients with hardware or software under warranty, maintenance contracts, or subscription and support.
- The advantages of registration
- The IBM registration ID will be the single point of access to IBM web applications that use IBM registration. Users will need just one IBM ID and password. This ID will allow users to sign up for a webcast easily or gain full access to the many valuable support tools on the Electronic Support Portal. The information and tools available on IBM's Electronic Support Portal will help simplify support operations, reduce costs ensuring high availability and optimize performance for systems.
- Registering for an IBM ID will now allow users to:
- Stay up to date with My Notifications
- Customize hardware/software technical updates to be delivered daily or weekly via emails or RSS feeds.
- Receive news about downloads and publications via technotes.
- Effectively manage systems anywhere and at anytime with Web Service Request
- Users can view and manage all service requests online, submit new requests, check the status of a current request or upload files associated with a service request.
- Keep systems running at top performance with Fix Recommendation
- Stay up-to-date on recommendations from IBM product teams for the latest fixes to keep your systems at peak performance."
- The following appears on the Fix Central website and will also appear as a web pop-up starting January 31:
- Starting January 31, 2012, each IBM client accessing Fix Central (whether through their employees or other authorized representatives) will require an individual IBM ID to download fixes (some exemptions may apply). The registration is quick and simple and will provide users with a customized experience to better serve their needs. Fix Central downloads are available only for IBM clients with hardware or software under warranty, maintenance contracts, or subscription and support. Software code, samples, updates and fixes being accessed on this website (collectively, the Code) are subject to the terms of the license agreements which govern the use of the associated Code. If you do not currently have an IBM ID, please register now.
- To submit feedback on these updates, visit the IBM Fix Central site and select the "Feedback" link in the left column.
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels: Twitter
| IBM Electronic Support Community Blog
If you can't access YouTube, our videos are also available in the IBM Education Assistant
site. Click on any brand link in the center of this page, then click on the "IBM Electronic Support tools and resources" section to expand a listing of video topics.