Lotus Connections 2.5 highlights:
community appearance and move widgets around on the
community home page.
- Add activities, blogs, wikis,
and file sharing services in addition to
bookmarks, feeds, and forum capabilities.
- Discussion forum now displays threads in a more conversational format
with user photos.
- A statistics feature indicates the most popular
discussion topics in a community and provides insight into which users
are the most active participants. Important discussion topics can be
highlighted with the capability to pin them at the top of the forum.
new Wiki service allows designated users to create, view, edit and
contribute to content that is uploaded to the intranet-style
collaborative Web site. Offers automatic versioning and a "show changes" view.
- Micro-blogging: allows users to
post status updates on tasks they are working on.
- A new message board feature offers a place on a user's
profile page where colleagues can post messages and comment on status
- New, Web-based file sharing library for
users to easily upload and securely share content such as presentations
- New integrated mobile support for iPhone and
Nokia S60 devices allows access to the Lotus Connections Profiles,
Activities and Blog services