Zerto on IBM Cloud for VMware Solutions Shared is now generally available.
This year, at Virtual ZertoCON 2021, IBM Cloud is excited to announce that Zerto is generally available on IBM Cloud for VMware Solutions Shared. With this solution, clients are able to access the robust disaster recovery and data protection capabilities of Zerto while leveraging the agility and flexibility of IBM Cloud for VMware Solutions Shared in a single-click deployment.
The Zerto Platform unlocks continuous data protection for industry-leading disaster recovery with backup, data mobility and recovery point objectives (RPO) in seconds. The power of this platform, combined with the scalability of the VMware Shared infrastructure, allows clients to manage and protect all of their virtualized environments from a single software. Organizations can drastically reduce their downtime, data loss and infrastructure spend since they do not need to pay for any compute resources until consumed, providing a true disaster recovery as-a-service (DRaaS). This flexibility eliminates the need for steady-state hardware, as clients can rapidly provision compute resources during an outage or DR test and be charged by hourly consumption.
Simplifying IT resiliency
Zerto on IBM Cloud simplifies IT resiliency with the following capabilities:
- Always-on replication: Zerto’s near-synchronous replication sits at the hypervisor level. Using Change Block Tracking (CBT), it creates thousands of recovery points to unlock RPOs of seconds for users, with no impact on production environments. No more snapshots or costly array-based replication.
- Journal-based recovery: Zerto’s journaling technology allows the simple, easy recovery of files, folder, VMs, applications and entire sites. Simply select a desired checkpoint at any point in time and recover in a few clicks, without impact to production.
- Application consistency: Recover entire multi-VM applications in a few clicks, consistently. This brings RTOs of minutes and a simple way to recover via an application-centric approach, without the usual challenges of traditional incremental backups.
- Simplicity at scale: Even small-to-medium firms need scalability. The Zerto and IBM solution gives you built-in orchestration, automation and analytics that streamline operations spanning multiple applications, data centers and multicloud environments. You can spend less while consolidating and modernizing your data centers.
- Hybrid, multicloud protection: Enabling cross-hypervisor replication allows you to replicate between several virtualized and cloud environments.
IBM Cloud has won the Top Growth MSP of the Year award
In addition, IBM Cloud was presented the award for “Top Growth MSP of the Year” this year at Virtual ZertoCON 2021.
Over the last year, IBM Cloud partnered closely with Zerto to provide a growing number of clients an integrated solution that enables simple and automated recovery, migration and mobility of existing workloads to the IBM Cloud. In 2021, we are looking forward to providing our joint clients even more capabilities to seamlessly run their disaster recovery and data protection strategies on the IBM Cloud.
Get started with a USD 500 credit
To get started, try Zerto on IBM Cloud for VMware Solutions Shared by applying promo code “ZERTODRAAS” to your IBM Cloud account. New or existing clients can take advantage of this three-month, USD 500 credit for Zerto on IBM Cloud for VMware Solutions Shared. This credit will expire after three months, at which point all costs are the responsibility of the user. Any costs incurred beyond the USD 500 credit prior to the three-month expiration are also the responsibility of the user.
- Step 1: Login or create your IBM Cloud Account. (Note: Be sure your account is upgraded to either a pay-as-you-go or subscription account before proceeding.)
- Step 2: Within your account, click Manage and select Billing & Usage from the drop-down list:
- Step 3: Select Promotions, enter the code ZERTODRAAS, then click Apply:
Now you’re all set to start provisioning Zerto on IBM Cloud for VMware Solutions Shared.