WebSphere Application Server in IBM Cloud has deployed upgraded infrastructure. Customers are strongly encouraged to move their applications to the new infrastructure as soon as possible.
WebSphere Application Server in IBM Cloud has deployed upgraded infrastructure in Dallas, Sydney, London, and Frankfurt IBM public cloud regions. Existing virtual machines (VMs) will continue to run on the old infrastructure. All new VMs will be created on the new infrastructure. However, existing VMs cannot be migrated to the new infrastructure automatically.
Customers are strongly encouraged to create a new resource and move their applications as soon as possible. WebSphere Application Server fixes and security patches will not be provided on the old infrastructure after December 15, 2019.
The upgraded infrastructure provides the following benefits:
- Double the disk space for each T-Shirt-size virtual machine
- Upgraded OS level from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x
- CIS Hardened Images for secure virtual machines
- Improved VM provisioning time
- Parity with the latest WebSphere Application Server fixes and security patches
You can read more about the service and recent updates in the documentation.