With IBM Cloud App ID, we are always looking at more secure ways to provide you authentication and authorization capabilities.
Today, we are announcing that we are changing the default email provider option in Cloud Directory in order to ensure more consistency from this part of the IBM Cloud App ID service.
As of 30 April 2020, the ability to customize the details and email content for the emails that you send to your Cloud Directory users will be restricted when you're using the default App ID Sendgrid account. Any fields that are currently customized will also be reset to the default. This means that on 30 April 2020, if you have not updated your email provider, you will lose any customizations that you currently have configured for your emails.
How does it affect me?
If you meet all of the following criteria, you'll need to connect your own provider in order to continue customizing your email communication:
- You use Cloud Directory as an identity provider.
- You use the default App ID SendGrid account as your email provider
- You have customized sender details or content.
I still want customized emails—what do I need to do to keep them?
If you would like to continue customizing your Cloud Directory communication, you can connect your own SendGrid account or email provider to App ID. Don't forget to test your configuration after you connect your new provider.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're happy to help.
- Reach out directly to the development team on Slack! To get access, request an invite.
- If you have technical questions about App ID, post your question on Stack Overflow and tag your question with
- For questions about the service and getting started instructions, use the IBM Developer Answers forum. Include the
- Open a support ticket in the IBM Cloud menu.
New to App ID? Get started in the IBM Cloud Catalog.