IBM Announces More Free Cloud Training and Three New Cloud Learning Paths for Subscribers
3 min read
IBM is pleased to announce a significant expansion of the IBM Center for Cloud Training.
This announcement aligns the IBM Center for Cloud Training with the IBM Cloud plan to help customers in regulated industries or with enterprise-scale hybrid cloud environments.
Announcements include the following:
- Ingrid, an augmented reality helper
- Specialty learning paths for IBM Cloud for Financial Services and IBM Cloud Satellite
- Associate Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) learning path and certification
Ingrid is an augmented reality helper for learners built into the IBM Center for Cloud Training. Ingrid is differentiating technology that enhances the IBM Cloud learning experience. "Ingrid is a fun guide for your learning journey," said Jani Byrne, PhD, IBM Center for Cloud Training Manager and the visionary behind Ingrid. "I'm so excited about technology like Ingrid that enriches the learning experience." Find Ingrid when you visit the IBM Center for Cloud Training.
IBM Cloud Specialty learning paths with free introductory module
IBM Cloud Specialties are learning paths for key enabling technologies that impact multiple job roles. Cloud Specialties are an extension to professional-level learning paths for Cloud Architects, Cloud Developers and Site Reliability Engineers.
These are the first two IBM Cloud Specialty learning paths:
The introductory modules for both learning paths are available now at no charge. These introductory modules provide the big picture in an easy-to-consume, self-paced environment.
The full learning paths will be accessible as part of role-based IBM Cloud learning subscriptions. Modules will be added to the learning path as they become available. IBM Cloud Specialty learning paths will have an optional Specialty credential that can be earned by passing a third-party proctored exam.
IBM Cloud for Financial Services Specialty learning path
Learn how to use IBM Cloud for Financial Services to deliver common operational criteria and compliance controls for banking, insurance and other confidential compute environments where there are heightened expectations of regulatory compliance and security.
IBM Cloud Satellite Specialty learning path
Learn how to use IBM Cloud Satellite as a platform for business applications that run on multiple public clouds, edge servers and in private environments. In this distributed cloud model, public cloud services in different physical locations are managed by one cloud provider who is responsible for overall operation, governance and service evolution.
Associate Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) learning path and certification
Site Reliability Engineer is one of the most demanding and in-demand IT technical professions. The IBM Cloud Associate Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) interactive learning path and certification help build the skills and knowledge required for Developers, DevOps professionals and Technical Specialists to begin working as Site Reliability Engineers.
“The Associate SRE learning path from IBM establishes a consistent foundation for managed IT services practitioners developing their skills as SREs,” said Gene Brown, Distinguished Engineer with IBM Global Services. “Site Reliability Engineering is critical because it helps organizations improve collaboration across boundaries by considering the end-user experience and thinking about applications and cloud infrastructures holistically.”
The IBM Center for Cloud Training also offers a professional-level SRE learning path and certification.
IBM Center for Cloud Training at Think 2021
IBM Center for Cloud Training is advancing the conversation about cloud skills with the following Think On-demand Technical sessions:
- Training and staffing tips for your cloud transformation project, session 1043. If you have cloud projects, you probably have skill gaps. How do others manage this challenge? This executive panel is moderated by Aki Duvvur, VP IBM Public Cloud, and includes the Cloud Education Lead at BNP Paribas, Thibault Dauphin, the CEO of Flagship Solutions Group, Mark Wyllie, and Client Technical Leader for IBM Global Markets, Joe Noonan.
- Building cloud-native apps with ease on IBM Cloud, session 1779. This session provides a tour of IBM Cloud developer tools for building cloud-native applications from scratch and explores how IBM leveraged freelancer.com, the world’s largest cloud labor platform, for various IT and Marketing projects. This session is presented by Roland Rosevear, Engagement Lead at Freelancer.com, Natalie Brooks Powell, Strategy and Go to Market Leader, IBM Center for Cloud Training, Greg Effrein, IBM Cloud Offering Manager, and Andy Trice, IBM Cloud Architect.
About IBM Center for Cloud Training
The IBM Center for Cloud Training is your source for role-based and specialty IBM Cloud training and certifications. No-charge technical and nontechnical training is available for those who are new to cloud or new to IBM Cloud. The IBM Center for Cloud Training is grounded in knowledge gained through real-world cloud engagements with enterprise clients.
IBM Cloud role-based learning subscriptions are available from IBM Business Partners, IBM Sellers and the IBM Training marketplace. IBM Cloud role-based learning subscriptions enable access to learning paths for all levels, job roles and specialties in the catalog, for the subscription period. Exams are administered by a third party, Pearson VUE, and are not included in the learning subscription price.