We’d like to inform you about the deprecation of IBM Analytics Engine (AE) v1.1. The AE 1.1 software packages will be retired on Aug 30, 2019.
IBM Analytics Engine, built on separate integration points and compute and storage architecture, incorporates Hortonworks Data Platform and Apache Spark. The latest version of Analytics Engine v1.2—which is built on Hortonworks Data Platform v3.1 (HDP)—was released on May 15, 2019. With this new version, almost all the components of HDP have been upgraded.
Here’s what you need to know
Service Changes Announce Date: July 9, 2019
Deprecation Date for Analytics Engine 1.1: August 30, 2019
- Starting August 30, 2019, new clusters with AE 1.1 packages cannot be provisioned.
- New nodes cannot be added to existing AE 1.1 clusters.
- However, existing AE 1.1 instances will continue to be supported until December 31, 2019.
End of Support Date for Analytics Engine 1.1: December 31, 2019
- Any instance of AE 1.1 still provisioned as of the End of Support Date will be deleted.
- Please delete your AE 1.1 service instances before the End of Support Date (i.e., Dec 31, 2019).
We strongly recommend that you move your applications to the latest version of IBM Analytics Engine 1.2 in order to get access to the latest versions of Apache Spark and Apache Hadoop ecosystem components.